Thursday, May 29, 2014

30 Weeks Until Christmas

This is week three of my goal to create and post at least one Christmas card. This is another card I created using the Cricut® Explore and Cricut® Design Space.

Christmas Card Week 30 - option a

This is the Noel Christmas card from the ready-to-make projects in Cricut® Design Space. The paper is from my stash. If you notice the little "hairs" on either of my cards blame it on "haste makes waste". Have you ever heard your mother or grandmother say that? I remember both of mine saying that, but I don't recall my father or grandfather saying it. I wonder if the women were complaining about the men when saying it? In my haste, I forgot to change the paper settings on my Explore, so the cut was not clean through the cardstock. I tried cutting it again, but obviously upon reinserting my cardstock I did not get it exactly lined up. I think I might be able to brush enough of the "hairs" off to use the card and if I send it to a non-crafty person they might not notice or think it was designed to be that way, right?

Once again I used "butcher" paper to create the envelope. The envelope is from the CTMH/Cricut® Artiste Collection (Z1790). The image on the envelope flap is from Merry and Bright and was written using the Cricut® Gemstone Blue Antiquities Pen. On the front of the envelope I placed the ornament overlay from the CTMH/Cricut® Artbooking Collection (Z1906) also using the Gemstone Blue pen (I wish I thought to take a photo).

I also used the scraps from the original card to create this card, but neglected to use the advice I got on Facebook (when I try their idea I will post the details and give them credit).

Christmas Card Week 30 - option b

As in the past, I used the "original" card as a template, glue with a small applicator and tweeters to help me carefully place the cuts through the "stencil" of the "original" card. Both papers are from my stash. I also used a greeting card blank (that came with envelopes) on this card. There was a little more white space on the edges than I wanted so I used the chevron stamp for the CTMH My Acrylix® In The Background (D1540) stamp set with Slate Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2173).

Have you started creating your Christmas cards yet or will you be frantic near the end of November or beginning of December trying to get them done? I hope you find a chance to get an early start on your Christmas cards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.