Monday, May 26, 2014

Christmas Robin Magic of Christmas

When I created my card for the April 2014 Digi Stamps 4 Joy Monthly Christmas Challenge, I printed several copies of the digital stamp because I am fairly new to using digis and I wanted to try different techniques. I am printing my digis using an inkjet printer (one that is advertised for printing photos at home), but I was uncertain about the ink smearing with watercolor pencils or markers or alcohol markers.

I did some reading online there found a few suggestions - I have not tried each one - and this suggestion was using a product like Liquid Glass (Z679) to "seal" the ink.

Christmas Card - Christmas Robin 02

I think sealing the ink is a nice idea, but if I use this technique again I need to find something to make my tip smaller so my line of Liquid Glass is finer. As you can see in the photo, on parts of the image the Liquid Glass line is so thick I was unable to color in parts of the image. In addition, I do not think that I would want to outline a more complex image - that could take a long time. I used a waterbase marker, Crayola SuperTips Markers (I purchased them because I was hoping they would fit in the pen slot of my Cricut Explore), to color the image. The sentiment is from CTMH My Acrylix™ Card Chatter - Christmas (D1388; retired) and was stamped with a Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2105). The embossing folder is from Sizzix and the white card base and papers are from my stash.

My card will be linked to the DigiStamps 4 Joy Challenge #92 - Anything Goes and Decosse's Dynamite Doodles 12 Months of Christmas Card Link Up.

Thanks for making my blog one of those you visited today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.