Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April Challenge - DT Imitations

The {CC Focus Group} April Challenge - DT Imitations: "Create a project using a technique/project that one of the DT girls have taught. 50% CC product required."

I browsed through the DT projects on The Crop, Crop Chocolate's blog [hint - Design Team and Guest Designer Project posts started in June 2011; I am working on pinning all of the projects on my Pinboard Crop Chocolate-Design Team/Guest Designer Posts.] and decided on the Exploding Card by Michele McKay. [Note: the square piece of paper should be cut to 8"x8", not 6"x6"; I send a note to the editor, but am not sure when it will be corrected.] I suggest watching the video because I found it very helpful after I finished scoring.

Products I purchased from CC: MME Lush Blue Floral Paper and MM Design Shop Stickers Family Mother (actually the paper was in a grab bag of paper and the stickers were in hot chocolate).

Other products used: organdy ribbon from my stash.

I used very thick embellishments and needed the ribbon to keep my card closed. The ribbon would not be necessary with thinner embellishments, but I think it adds a nice touch.

Here is the outside of my card:

 And here is the inside:

Since I started with a 6x6 square, I cut the paper for the outside of the card smaller. I think a smaller card would make it perfect to be a "tag" on a gift.

I hope you like my version of an exploding card. Thanks for stopping by.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.