Monday, April 2, 2012

CC Challenge #9

Challenge #9 - The Man Project

The details for CropChocolate Challenge #9 read "Make a masculine project that must incorporate something that is transparent, clear or a glossy element." [Click here for information on the current challenge.]

The rules read "Post a picture of your design. 50% of the product used must be from CropChocolate.com. Please include items used in the description of your entry. Contest ends on April 4rd, 2012 at 08:00:00am Mountain. Please submit your entry before then. $10 CropCredit in a random drawing."

I had a hard time with this project as I typically only scrapbook vacations and special events. I know, I really need to get working on family history, but there never seems to be enough time. I finally decided on a Father's Day card.

Items I used that are transparent, clear or glossy: mono-filament thread for the fishing line, clear clam-shell packaging for the label and Glossy Accents on a fish and "bobber" die-cut.

Items from CropChocolate: 12x12 Splash Collection Pack by Echo Park; 12x12 Specialty Paper Multi Pack by Slice; 12x12 Dark Blue/Light Blue Cardstock by Echo Park; ribbon from 12x12 Lush Brown Collection by My Mind's Eye; Viper Permanent Adhesive by Snake Tape

Other items used: QuicKutz fishing pole, fish and label dies; QuicKutz Squeeze; vellum; white cardstock greeting card; mono-filament thread, Glossy Accents; Xyron 150 Create-a-Sticker; clear clam-shell packaging; black gel pen

Here's the card I submitted:


 Here's an attempt at giving you a better look at the mono-filament thread I used:


The Glossy Accents used on die-cuts:


 And a better view of the label cut from clear clam-shell packaging, but it is almost impossible to see it.


 I hope you enjoyed the project I shared (and submitted for Challenge #9). Comments are appreciated. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.