Friday, April 13, 2012

CC Challenge #10


The details for CropChocolate Challenge #10 read "Yeehaw! How many times have you heard a song that brings back a memory? Let your favorite song be your inspiration for your challenge this week. And, see if you can use some of those items from your HC that you wouldn't normally use. No HC products? No problem, just make sure to use 50% CC supplies." [Click here for information on the current challenge.]

The rules read "Create a project using 50% CC project. Challenge ends April 11th at 8am MST."

I almost didn't do this challenge because I was having trouble coming up with an idea. I don't really have a favorite song. There have been so many great ones throughout the years. On Tuesday evening I was watching television and saw Jason Aldean's video for "Fly Over States". It reminded me how much I love having a window seat when flying and some of the great photos (in my opinion anyway) I have been able to take of the beautiful landscape below. So here is the layout I came up with:


 
At first I was not happy with it, but it has grown on me. We are often our own worst critic. Here is a close up of my die cut airplane and free cut cloud:


Products used from Crop Chocolate: Sassafras Sweet Marmalade Preserve (received in a grab bag), 12x12 Specialty Paper Multi Pack by Slice (vellum), Making Memories 5x7 Mat Stack, Slice Design Cutter, Hands Free Kit and International Travel design card; item from Hot Chocolate: Making Memories Green Felt Alpha. Other items used: black gel pen, gray cardstock.

I hope you reach for the clouds and try something out of your comfort zone too. Thanks for stopping by.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.