Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Blending Using Alcohol-Based Markers

I have to admit it, I enjoy using watercolor pencils to color in my stamps so I have not used the alcohol markers yet. After watching this video, I am excited to try the CMTH Exclusive Inks® marker sets and blending marker. I'm glad I already have some sets at home.



The CTMH Corp. description of the Better Blending video is "Learn how to make your stamped images stand out with Close To My Heart's alcohol blending marker and Exclusive Inks® marker sets. Watch the tips and tricks in this video for better blending!"

Items featured in the video:
Please note the ink pads used to stamp the base image for this technique (it's within the first minute of the video). You will want to use the Black Stazon® Ink Pad (Z888), Archival Black Exclusive Inks® Stamp Pad (44751) or the black from the Basics Exclusive Inks® Mini Pigment Pads Set (Z2503) (you could use the Brown Stazon® Ink Pad or any color of the Exclusive Inks® Mini Pigment Pads depending on the look you are trying to achieve). You do not want to use dye-based ink pads because they are water-based and coloring with the alcohol-based markers may make the image bleed and your artwork look "muddy".

If you would like more information about the alcohol-based markers, stamp pads or any CTMH product, please do not hesitate to contact me and I'll do my best to answer your questions. If you would like to purchase any of the items, click the Shop Now button.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.