This week's video is Artbooking Made Easy: Love, Love, Love. The CTMH Corp. description of it is "Love making mini albums? Love Close To My Heart's Cricut® Artbooking cartridge? Love learning chic techniques for papercrafting? You will love this episode of Artbooking Made Easy where we show you how to create two trendy looks using re-inker, sponge daubers, and mini album pages cut from the Artbooking cartridge."
A few points I want to be certain that you do not miss while watching the video:
- there are two love-themed mini album keys on the Artbooking cartridge
- you will find the keys on pages 48 and 49 of the Artbooking booklet
- both mini albums are created as they were designed at 8" by 3 1/2"
- in the first mini album, the Valentine's version, some of the flowers we cut using Real Dial Size, that is, they were not cut in proportion to the page (only the "medium" sized flower in the upper left of the flower cluster was cut in proportion to the page with real dial size off)
- for the second mini album, Love You, there is an ombré theme throughout the album
- the ombré cover was created by mixing about 10 drops of re-inker with about 2 tablespoons of water, but don't dilute too much or your paper will wrinkle and buckle even more; use a spong dauber to "paint" the color from top to bottom; go over areas more than one time to achieve a darker color; your paper may "pill" as you do this - just wipe it away; take a break to allow the paper to dry between applications; heat set to speed the drying; cover the wrinkles and buckles with photos or embellishments or leave them exposed to give more "character" to your pages
- to create the paint splatter, saturate your sponge dauber and tap the page; too soft a tap and you may just get an outline of the sponge dauber; the harder you tap and the more saturated your dauber the larger the splat; after splatting, move the dauber around a little to "fill in" where the dauber hit the paper
- in Jeanette Lynton's post, Artbooking Made Easy: Love Mini Albums, you will find even more detail, closeup photos and a list of supplies used for each album
Contact me if you would like to learn how you would be able to purchase the Artbooking collection at 1/2 off by hosting a Gathering either in-home or on-line.
Thanks for visiting today.