This week's video is Artbooking Made Easy: Fun in the Sun and the CTMH Corp. description of the video is "Whether your favorite summer vacation is camping in the woods or swimming in the ocean, the summertime-themed keys on Close To My Heart's Artbooking cartridge will have the perfect cutouts to use in recording all your unforgettable memories."
Products used in the video:
- Cricut© Artbooking Collection (Z1906)
- Champagne Exclusive Inks™ Re-inker (Z2274)
- Lagoon Exclusive Inks™ Re-inker (Z2295)
- My Crush™ Besties Assortment (Z1886)
- there are two Summertime Layout keys on the Artbooking cartridge
- you will find the keys on pages 66 and 67 of the Artbooking booklet
- the Summertime layout uses several bold colors
- use your micro tip scissors to edit the Cricut-cut titles
- some of the cuts were distressed with the sanding block; just be gentle so you do not tear any of your cuts
- everything on the Summertime layout was cut at the standard 11 inches size (real dial size off so the cuts will be proportional)
- the Family Vacation layout has the woodgrain overlay from page 66, but it is cut at 4 inches real dial size on so it will fit perfectly between the photos on the right page of this two page layout and to the left of the photos on the left page of this two page layout
- the woodgrain overlays were cut in White Daisy cardstock then "washed" with Champagne re-inker and water using a paintbrush to give it just enough color to make it look even more like wood texture
- the same "washed" technique was used on the family vacation title except Lagoon re-inker was used; the title was stitched down therefore you can see some of the edges raised up from the base which gives the layout more texture
- each photo was labeled with a number; use a hexagon to number corresponding journaling (note: the hexagons came from the negatives after cutting the overlay for the Summertime layout)
- the summertime card was also created with cuts from these themed keys; Kristine's tip is for standard size cards to cut everything 3 inches or smaller using real dial size
- in Jeanette Lynton's post, Artbooking Made Easy: Summertime Layouts, you will find even more detail, closeup photos and a list of supplies used for each album
Contact me if you would like to learn how you would be able to purchase the Artbooking collection at 1/2 off by hosting a Gathering either in-home or on-line.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thanks for visiting today.