This week's video is Artbooking Made Easy: Capturing Snapshots and the CTMH Corp. description of the video is "Wondering what to do with all those snapshots you have lying around? Close To My Heart's Artbooking cartridge's snapshots keys are the perfect way to assemble those photos into one oh-so-memorable mini album."
A few points I want to remember after watching the video:
- there are two Snapshots mini album keys on the Artbooking cartridge
- you will find the keys on pages 40 and 41 of the Artbooking booklet
- the sponged and inked polka dots on the front cover come from using the overlay as a stencil
- for a little more pop, the overlay attached to the cover still has some ink on it after using it as a stencil
- keep the negative pieces to embellish later pages
- the keep the mini album cohesive, the same overlay was used to stencil inside pages
- the banner on an inside page was created by cutting the sunburst shape on page 41 and folding it in half over a piece of twine
- you can also embellish an overlay by stamping the base page behind where the overlay will be attached and using Washi Tape
- to use the overlay as a stencil, cut out the overlay and the base page; attach the overlay with Washi Tape to keep the overly from moving during stenciling; the Washi tape will make it easy to remove the overlay later; use sponge daubers with the mini pigment ink pads - to get a solid look, pounce the dauber up and down - to get a soft look, rub in a light circular motion - to get a graduated look as you move down the page go back and lightly cover the next color with Whisper ink, e.g., in the video Whisper was used in the first row, then Slate for the second row; then go over the Slate in the second row with a touch of Whisper then the third row is solid Slate, in the fourth row, Twilight was used, in the fifth row, Outdoor Denim was used, then Whisper ink on top of the blue to make it softer
- in Jeanette Lynton's post, Artbooking Made Easy: Snapshots Mini Album, you will find even more detail, closeup photos and a list of supplies used for the mini album and the canvas
- Cricut®Artbooking Collection (Z1906)
- My Creations™ 6" x 6" Canvas Display (Z1818)
- Exclusive Inks™ Mini Pigment Pads Sets (Whimsy - Z2500; Adventure - Z2501; Enchantment - Z2502 or Basics - Z2503)
- Sponge Daubers (Z726) or (Z1938)
Contact me if you would like to learn how you would be able to purchase the Artbooking collection at 1/2 off by hosting a Gathering either in-home or on-line.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thanks for visiting today.