Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Floating Home Décor Ideas

The latest CTMH video is Floating Your Fancy. The video gives us two ideas for beautiful home décor items. I think either would make wonderful gifts.



Today's video is Floating Your Fancy. The CTMH Corp. description is "Get the most out of Close To My Heart's Cricut® Artbooking cartridge with these fun home décor ideas. Create decorative floating frames and functional message boards quickly and easily."

Products used in the video:
Some of the tips mentioned in the video:
  • this first project is like a floating mini layout
  • the Snapshots Mini-Album overlay can be found on page 40 of the Artbooking handbook
  • the artwork was placed between two panes of glass so it would appear to be floating
  • the ponderosa pine overlay was cut at 7 1/2 inches using Real Dial Size
  • the other colors of overlay were cut at 3 1/2 inches using Real Dial Size
  • the other colors used were: topiary, sweet leaf, the dot from Lollydoodle and twilight
  • if using two panes of glass, be strategic when applying your adhesive to minimize the adhesive showing through the glass
  • the second project, a weekly chart, uses the overlay from the School Layout on page 68
  • the overlay was cut at 11 inches using Real Dial Size and Fit to Page features
  • the exclusive stamp set, My Acrylix My Life, from the Artbooking collection was used to stamp the dates on tags
  • the tags were cut at 3/4 inches using Real Dial Size

I don't know about you, but I am inspired to create a home décor item. If you are ready to place an order the Shop Now button will take you to my Online Business Address.


Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.