Saturday, July 12, 2014

Surprise Birthday Card

Last Sunday we attended a surprise (well, at one time I thought it was a surprise) birthday party for a neighbor, former educator and friend.

I turned to Cricut® Design Space for some card ideas and liked the Anna Griffin Sea Shell Card so much that I made very little changes to the sample, including the colors.

Surprise Birthday Card front

I did not have any appropriate sentiment stickers so I substituted a BBQ - Label (#M673E3) from Anna Griffin Summer Soirees cartridge. I made it a size I was satisfied with, wrote "Happy Birthday" with the Cricut® Midnight Antiquities Pen using the writing style font Simple Celebrations then duplicated and re-sized the label for a shadow effect.

Surprise Birthday Card inside

I stamped "Celebrate Today" using the My Acrylix® The Party Is On Stamp Set (C1568), a Hostess Rewards set from Autumn/Winter 2013 (retired), using a Lagoon Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2195).

I found the cutest stamp set to use on handcrafted cards from Sweet Stamp Shop (the stamp set is called "Made By") so I used one the back of the card again using Lagoon ink. The paper is from my stash.

Surprise Birthday Card back

I have not seen our neighbor since she opened her stack of cards, but I hope she really loved the card we created just for her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.