Thursday, December 18, 2014

1 Week Until Christmas

While I know this card would not get to its intended recipient by "regular" mail it at this late date, I had to continue with the countdown. I created this card with the intention of hand-delivering it to the recipient anyway.

This week I am using two of the Deal of the Decade stamp sets (learn more here). One stamp set, Always Grateful, is typically viewed as an Autumn stamp set and the other, Holiday Tags, has a variety of holiday greetings.


And a close-up of the glitter on my trees:


I used a masking technique to create this card. I stamped the evergreen on a scrap of paper and fussy cut, then, after stamping and heat embossing the evergreen on my Colonial White cardstock, I used scrap to protect the surface while I stamped the deciduous tree, overlapping the evergreen slightly so it looked like it was slightly behind. After heat embossing the deciduous tree, I used a fine pointed glue pen on the tops of the branches where there was no embossing to add the glitter and create a snow-like effect.

Products used (all from Close To My Heart unless noted):

I hope to link my card to Decosse's Dynamite Doodles 12 Months of Christmas Card Link Up.

I am happy you got a chance to visit today. If you have a moment, please leave a comment and let me know what you think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.