Sunday, August 23, 2020

One Pattern Four Cards

If you follow the Close To My Heart Make It From Your Heart blog, you may have noticed a recent post with a free Pear & Partridge Card Pattern. I was really struck with the card created with Lemonade and the current Stamp Of The Month Floral Celebration. 

sweet “Celebrating You” card

When I sketched out a cutting pattern to determine the most efficient way to cut the cardstock, I decided making four or six cards would be best. I decided to start with four cards, but I tried to make each a little bit different.

Since CTMH cardstock has a lighter color on the back, I decided to make two with the darker side and two with the lighter side. I did not have any striped or patterned paper that fit what I was envisioning in my mind's eye, so I decided to use the looping border stamp to create my own patterned paper. I also created my own pattern on the Black cardstock strip.

Floral Celebration Celebrating You
Floral Celebration Celebrating You

I created the above card first. I used the darker side of the Julep cardstock. I used the small flower stamp, Julep Pigment Exclusive Ink and Clear Embossing Powers. I am pleased with how the clear embossing powder let the color show even on the Black paper.

I stamped the leaves using Julep on the light side of Julep cardstock. I stamped the flowers in Raspberry on French Vanilla cardstock. I fussy the leaves and flowers.

Floral Celebration Celebrating You
Floral Celebration Celebrating You

I used the lighter side of the Julep cardstock on the above card. I applied Prisma Glitter (retired) to the heated Sticky Embossing Powder from Ranger. The glitter really picks up the color of the Julep Pigment Ink under the Sticky Embossing Powder. To let the Julep showing through the glitter shine, I used a Brown Grey TriBlend™ Marker to color the fussy cut leaves and flowers and Pewter and Charcoal on the images stamped directly to the French Vanilla cardstock.

Floral Celebration Sending Smiles
Floral Celebration Sending Smiles

The fussy cut flowers and leaves on the above card were colored with Light Green and Bright Pink TriBlend™ Markers. To better coordinate with the Bright Pink marker, I stamped the small flowers in second generation Raspberry. The Black cardstock strip was stamped with White Daisy Pigment Ink and heat embossed with White Super Fine Embossing Powder.

Floral Celebration Sending Smiles
Floral Celebration Sending Smiles
It is difficult to see in this photo, but I used three different Stickles™ Glitter Glues on this card. The center of the "solid" Rasperry flower and the "dots" around the large flower are Black Diamond. I colored the center of the other smaller flower with Watercolor Pencils then I added Diamond Stickles™ in the center and Glisten on the "dots" around the center. When I placed the long spray of leaves on the block, I encouraged the stamp to curve the opposite direction so I could place the fussy cut flowers differently. The Black cardstock strip was stamped with White Daisy Pigment Ink and heat embossed with White Super Fine Embossing Powder.

 All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

I hope you try the free pattern found on the CTMH blog to create some quick and easy cards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.