Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Highlighting New Products in May–June 2022 Catalog

If you are a regular visitor, you know that I usually participated in blog hops featuring the Close To My Heart Stamp Of The Month, new products featured in the latest CTMH catalogs and products featured in CTMH promotions. Recently the blog hops moved to Facebook and became the CTMH Artwork Showcase.

CTMH Artwork Showcase badge for May-June 2022 Catalog
CTMH Artwork Showcase May-June 2022 Catalog

The official name of the group is Melinda Everitt's CTMH Artwork Showcase. I hope that you will join the Facebook Group to see all of the fabulous artwork shared there.

The first item I created with papers from the May–June 2022 Catalog was this card for my great-niece's April 2022 birthday. I did not plan to share this card in the CTMH Artwork Showcase, but since all of the items I used are still available, I thought you might want to see a different version of the Cake Day Cardmaking Workshop and take a second look at some March–April 2022 catalog items using different papers and colors.

The color inspiration is from my great-niece who, a few days before her birthday, said her favorite colors are orange and blue.

Fresh Paint Cake Birthday Card
Fresh Paint Cake Birthday Card

I used Nectarine for the first layer then added a layer of Capri enhanced with some scoring and sanding. I tucked some of the Fresh Paint racing flag paper on either side. I also used the splatter print from Fresh Paint and Capri Glitter Paper to decorate. I used Watercolor Pencils to color the presents, candles and highlight areas on the cake. I used Clear Shimmer Brush on the White Daisy piece stamped with presents, the top of the cake and the flames on the candles. I mixed a few drops of Gold Shimmer Brush with Clear Shimmer Brush and used a Waterbrush to apply it to the cake plate.

Fresh Paint Cake Birthday Card
Fresh Paint Cake Birthday Card

The card with the cake slice "served" shows the "Happy Birthday!" sentiment.

Switching gears, I also created with the Tutti Frutti Cardmaking Workshop Kit. My mother is organizing a get-together for her class and the classes before and after this summer, so I made all of the cards "You're Invited" cards.

Tutti Frutti Cardmaking Workshop - Project 1
Tutti Frutti Cardmaking Workshop - Project 1

When I first saw this workshop, I was not drawn to the Lemonade in the center of this card, so I decided to alter the card a bit. I cut an 8½" × 8½" square of White Daisy and used the lightest yellow in the Watercolor Paints to create my own, very light Lemonade-inspired cardstock. I also had what I think is a happy accident. When cutting the Tutti Frutti strips, I cut them ¼" too narrow, so I cut the Flamingo cardstock ½" wider to make up the difference. I am very happy with the results. The card on the left uses the light side of Flamingo and Grape while I used the true (darker) side on the right card.

I hope you like the variations of the cards I created with the Tutti Frutti (and Cake Day) Cardmaking Workshop Kits. I will share the other cards from the Tutti Frutti Cardmaking Workshop Kit over the next couple of days so please come back.

Here's a complete list of products used; all supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

If you are not working with a CTMH Maker, you may purchase the supplies I used at my eCommerce website.

If you have a few moments, please let me know what you think of my cards. Thank you for stopping by and please join us at the CTMH Artwork Showcase Facebook group.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.