Sunday, May 1, 2022

CTMH SOTM May 2022 - You Can Do Anything

If you are visiting this evening for the May 2022 Stamp Of The Month Blog Hop, I have some exciting news. Please join us at the CTMH Artwork Showcase Facebook group. The Facebook group is taking the place of the blog hops to allow for sharing of artwork without needing a blog.

I choose Watercolor Paints and Watercolor Pencils to create with You Can Do Anything. My first cards were inspired by my travels to the Rocky Mountains.

For my first card I stamped with Mink ink, then used Watercolor Paints to color in the scene.

card created with You Can Do Anything and Watercolor Paint
card created with You Can Do Anything and Watercolor Paints

I stamped with Mink ink so the image would have a softer feel. I used the flat brush from the Paintbrush Set (retired) to assist with coloring the sky and water since the area to cover was large. Where the mountains are in reflection, I painted with a light gray and when that was dry I went over the area with a light blue. Around the sun I painted with a light shade of yellow then painted with a light shade of blue. After coloring and allowing the paper to dry, I stamped the sentiment, some birds and Evergreen trees. I stamped the upright trees with second generation Evergreen ink and the trees in reflection in third generation ink. After the ink was dry I used a damp paintbrush to go over the trees in reflection to give them a more muted appearance.

My second card was stamped with Intense Black and colored with Watercolor Pencils.

card created with You Can Do Anything and Watercolor Pencils
card created with You Can Do Anything and Watercolor Pencils

When stamping I masking the larger cloud so it would appear there is a smaller cloud slightly behind the larger cloud. I shaded the lower half of the clouds with a gray pencil. I shaded the mountains in reflection with gray, went over the top with a light shade of blue and then mixed the colors a bit when I used the Waterbruch to smooth out the pencil. On this card I also used a light shade of yellow around the sun. Once everything was dry I stamped the sentiment and birds.

Here's a complete list of products used; all supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

If you are not working with a CTMH Maker, you may purchase the supplies I used at my eCommerce website.

I hope you like the cards I created with You Can Do Anything—May Stamp of the Month. If you have a few moments, please let me know what you think of my card. Thank you for stopping by and please join us at the CTMH Artwork Showcase Facebook group

#may2022sotm #youcandoanything

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.