Sunday, August 7, 2022

CTMH SOTM August 2022 - Teach Love Inspire

Hello from what feels like one of the hottest places on earth (though I am certain there are hotter, more humid and less desirable places that I could find myself). If it also hot where you are, I hope that you have a great way to keep cool. Today is one of the days I wish I lived near the beach and could get some cool breezes while sitting under a beach umbrella.

While enjoying the cave that my house becomes when it is hot enough that running the air conditioners is the only option, I got an opportunity to create with the August Stamp of the Month Teach Love Inspire.

August 2022 SOTM Teach Love Inspire Artwork Showcase Badge
August 2022 SOTM Teach Love Inspire Artwork Showcase Badge

I thought the Teach Love Inspire stamp set would be fantastic for creating a bookmark, so that is what I came up with. I started by cutting White Daisy cardstock with the inner die from the Slimline Shaker Window Thin Cuts.

bookmark created with Teach Love Inspire (CTMH August 2022 SOTM) front view
bookmark created with Teach Love Inspire (CTMH August 2022 SOTM)
front view

I created a few vignettes on the bookmark front, using masking to group stamped images together. I did not mask the glasses, I just stamped the frame against the cup lid. Since the lens of glasses are clear, you would be able to see the cup though the lens and masking the frame would have gotten tricky due to their size. I colored the stamped images with TriBlend™ Markers.

bookmark created with Teach Love Inspire (CTMH August 2022 SOTM) back view
bookmark created with Teach Love Inspire (CTMH August 2022 SOTM)
back view

Since I used Tri-Blend Markers on the front, the back of the White Daisy cardstock did not remain pretty, so I cut a piece of Capri cardstock (cut from the lighter side) to back the bookmark. Not only did it cover where the markers bled through, but made the bookmark sturdier and provided another canvas to decorate.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

In addition to creating something for those in education, I think this stamp set will work beautifully for some quick Thank You cards. A few of the stamps would also work with many of the card blanks in the Craft with Heart™—Cardmaking Subscription (The May through August 2022 kit is still available even though the September through December 2022 subscription is pictured. Plus there several previous Cut Above® Card Kits available via the Buy 2, Get 1 Free! Startup Savings promotion valid through the end of August while supplies last. To make it easier to compare the Startup Savings card kits, I posted images of the completed cards last month.

If you are not previously working with a CTMH Maker, you may purchase the supplies I used at my eCommerce website.

Be sure to visit Melinda Everitt's CTMH Artwork Showcase to see other art work created with Teach Love Inspire.

Enjoy the last few hours of our sizzling hot weekend. The good news is the temps are supposed to be a little lower starting on Tuesday. Hopefully you can be in an air conditioned space doing some crafting. Please wish for rain so we do not have to carry water for my mother's plants.

#ctmhaugust2022stampofthemonth #teachloveinspire #ctmhmakershowcase

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.