Sunday, August 28, 2022

More Cards from a Startup Special Cut Above® Card Kit

Around other commitments, I am still working on UFO Cut Above® Card Kits that are part of the Startup Special Cut Above® promotion from Close To My Heart. Startup Special ends on August 31.

Startup Special
Startup Special

I recently worked on cards 5 through 8 in the Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201). You might remember I have a extra of each card from attending the 2019 CTMH Convention in 2019. This group of cards are 4¼"×5½".

card 5 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)
card 5 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)

The card in the upper left was created as suggested in the worksheet included in the Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit. On the other two cards I used a technique from the Jingle Joy Cardmaking Workshop (November-December 2020 catalog) and covered the snowflake die cuts with Icicle (Z3785) and Silver (Z3562) Stickles™ Glitter Glue.

close up - card 5 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)
close up - card 5 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)

The above photo shows a closer look at the snowflake die cuts. As the ribbon in the Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit, I shopped my stash for a silver ribbon to use on the card with Silver Stickles™ Glitter Glue.

card 6 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)
card 6 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)

As before, the card in the upper left was created as suggested in the sheet included in the Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit. On the other two cards I used a technique we were taught at a CTMH launch event when the Shimmer Brush was introduced. I used the Clear Shimmer Brush (Z3293) on the die cut banner piece. Once they were dry, I stamped the sentiment.

close up - card 6 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)
close up - card 6 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)

After I assembled the cards, I used Icicle Stickles™ Glitter Glue (Z3785) on the card in the upper right to highlight some of the flowers, the hearts and dots around the floral focal and around the sentiment.

card 7 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)
card 7 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)

I stayed (mostly) true to the worksheet for card 7. I added Icicle Stickles™ Glitter Glue (Z3785) to the ornaments on two of the cards.

card 8 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)
card 8 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)

I made a few changes to card 8. On the card in the upper right I added Clear Shimmer Brush (Z3293) to some of the poinsettia and I mirrored the pattern. The card on the bottom has Diamond Stickles™ Glitter Glue (Z3563) in the card center. I also shopped my stash for a wider red ribbon to create a fuller embellishment. The "Merry Christmas" sentiment comes from one of the other Cut Above® Card Kits (Sep–Dec 2021 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4221)).

While most of the cards stayed true to the cards shown on the worksheet, I hope you like the little touches I added to make each card a little more unique.

Have a great week and enjoy the last few days of August.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.