Monday, August 22, 2022

Cards from a Startup Special Cut Above® Card Kit

The Startup Special Cut Above® promotion from Close To My Heart motivated me to work on some UFOs. If you have not heard the term UFO related to crafting, it stands for Unfinished Objects.

Startup Special
Startup Special

The Cut Above® Card Kits were introduced during the 2019 Close To My Heart Convention. CTMH Makers who attended that convention received some cards from the kit to create with to introduce us to the subscription, that's why you see three cards rather than two of each design that come in the subscription.

I pulled out the cards from Convention and the first Cut Above® Card Kit Subscription and made the first four cards. I tried to make each card a little different. Sometimes I used a stamp from one of the other Cut Above® Card Kit Subscriptions or another stamp set I had not put away yet.

Since I rarely use 3" × 3" cards, I created the first four cards with a local Senior Citizens group in mind. I know the member who makes sure each of the other members receives a card on their birthday and I hope she will be able to put a smile on someone's face with the cards.

card 1 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)
card 1 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)

On the first card from the Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201) I used a mix of adhesives. All cards have "Happy Birthday" inside and I tried to use a different version in each. I was not trilled with my stamping on one of the cards so I stamped on White Daisy cardstock then hand cut an arched dove-tailed banner. I also distressed the edges.

card 2 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)
card 2 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)

On the second card I used stamps from other Cut Above® Card Kits. The card with "Happy Birthday" on the front has "You Take the Cake" inside, while the other cards have "Happy Birthday" inside.

card 3 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)
card 3 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)

The top card was created with the stamp set from the Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit, but the bottom two cards were stamped with sets you will find in the new Core Products catalog. The card on the left was from Flourished Greetings (B1806), while the card on the right was from Shooting Stars (B1813). The sentiments inside are "Sprinkled with lots of fun", "You Take the Cake" and "Time to Celebrate You". All of the inside sentiments are from a Cut Above® Card Kit.

card 4 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)
card 4 - Sep–Dec 2019 Cut Above® Card Kit (CHC4201)

This group of cards was difficult to vary the front due to the banner die cut. The only change I did was to move the flower cluster to the top so you could see the sequins better when the card is standing up on display. The inside sentiments are stamped with stamps that came with a Cut Above® Card Kit: "Time to Celebrate You", "Oh Happy Day" and "Sprinkled with lot of fun".

Please be sure to have a cup of coffee for me if you are reading this on Tuesday, August 23. My alarm is scheduled to go off at 3:45am so I can pack my lunch and get to the polls on time to greet voters at 6am.

Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.