Saturday, September 16, 2023

Princess and Castle Happy Birthday Card

We had a birthday in our family this week. My great-niece turned four, so I created this card for her.

birthday card created with Storybook-Cardmaking, Birthday Numbers, Goodbye Isn't Forever, Thoughtful Critters
birthday card created with four CTMH Stamp Sets

When I saw the Storybook—Cardmaking stamp I thought it would go so well with the princess in the Birthday Numbers stamp from a few months earlier. Then when I went to use both on a card, I felt I needed a way to bridge the images. Fortunately the August 2023 Stamp Of The Month, with a little masking, allowed me to use the river as a path and gave me the transition I was looking for.

I stamped the princess on a White Daisy circle cut with the Circle Thin Cuts and I used the Scalloped Circle Frame Thin Cuts to cut a Mulberry scalloped circle to place under the princess. I colored with several colors form the new Colorista by Spectrum Noir™ pencils. I added Clear Shimmer Brush to the scallops, clouds, mirror and window. I used the Slimline Stitched Card Front with Mulberry to cover the slimline card front.

Products used to create this birthday card:
Code to above product name appearance:
  • plain text = retired product no longer on my eCommerce site; if you really like a product, look for it at yard sales, on Facebook groups or other places people resale items
  • text with link = this is a current product available on my eCommerce site
  • highlighted text with link = this is a product on my eCommerce site (at the time of this post), but since it is on the retiring list and no longer appears in the current catalogs, or the promotion in which it was featured is over, the item is available while supplies last
I hope you are inspired to mix and match your stamps and Thin Cuts to create unique to you paper crafts. Have a wonderful weekend ahead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.