Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Santa's Letter Christmas Card

When I print a digital stamp I typically print 4 or 9 on one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock because I do not want to have many little pieces that will not feed well through my printer that I cannot bear to throw away (I still use my QuicKutz/Lifestyle Crafts cutting dies and I can use some really small pieces of cardstock). This is another card I created using Santa's Letter by Digi Stamps 4 Joy printed on Georgia Pacific white cardstock.

June 2014 Holiday Card - take 2

The image was colored with Pentel Arts Oil Pastels. Tortillons and blending stumps slightly dampened with water were used to blend and shade the colors. The red and green cardstock are from my stash. I used the CTMH Corner Rounder (Z1912) on the white and red cardstock. The "Merry Christmas" paper is the back of Bingo Bites from the American Crafts Peppermint Express Collection which I picked up at Tuesday Morning a couple of weeks ago (when we introduced my nieces to the store). "Snow" was created using CTMH Stardust Glitz™ Glitter Gel (retired). The holly is cut using my Cricut® Explore and Design Space using the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge. I used 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151) to attach it to the card. The Baker's Twine is from King Arthur Flour and the pre-scored white greeting card with envelope is from my stash.

Here is a closeup of the holly sprig. I wanted to show you how wonderful the Explore cut it when it is only 1.25 inches wide.

June 2014 Holiday Card - take 2 holly

I hope you enjoyed your visit today and I would love to know what you think about my card.

I am linking my card to Decosse's Dynamite Doodles 12 Months of Christmas Card Link Up. This is the image for the Digi Stamps 4 Joy June 2014 Monthly Christmas Challenge; I linked yesterday's card to that challenge.

I have a Facebook page and I would be thrilled if you headed over there and liked it. Thanks for visiting today.

1 comment:

  1. Brenda this is another stunning Christmas creation. I just love how you have used the twine. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of July.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.