Friday, June 6, 2014

Birthday Cards

Today I have two birthday cards to share with you. Both are from the Ready to Make projects in Cricut® Design Space. They were quick and easy cards to create. It took me longer to pick out the paper I used than it did to assemble them.

This first card is the Happy Birthday Card.

Happy Birthday Card

The card was created with papers from my stash. It's a nice simple card to create and you could tailor the colors for the person you are giving it to. Embellishments could be added to dress it up a bit. For those having trouble with masculine cards this would be a create card to use.

My second card is the Happy Birthday Candle Card.

Happy Birthday Candle Card

The printed My Reflections™ B&T Duos™ Paper is from the Close To My Heart Laughing Lola Paper Packet (X7170B) available until July 31, 2014 or while supplies last. The remaining cardstock is from my stash. I used 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151) to pop the banner and candles on this card. I think this photo shows that better.

Happy Birthday Candle Card


I have not created envelopes for these cards yet. The Happy Birthday Candle Card project has an envelope in the project, but I do not like to cut my envelopes from cardstock (typically 65 lb. cover weight) because I think they are too heavy. I may make an exception this time and use the reverse of the Laughing Lola paper because B&T Duos™ Paperis 100 lb. accent opaque text weight so it would be fine.

For the Happy Birthday Card I think I will do what I have done in the past and create one using Design Space and the Explore.

I hope the recipients of the cards love them. Thanks for visiting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.