Thursday, June 5, 2014

29 Weeks Until Christmas

There are only 29 weeks until Christmas 2014. I know that seems like a long time from now and we have not had the first day of summer yet, but my plan this year is to break preparation down into smaller pieces so there will be fewer nights I will up up late in November and December. That said, my goal is to create and post at least one Christmas card each week. This is week 4 of meeting my goal.

Christmas Card Week 29 - option a - front

This is a card I created using Cricut® Design Space, but do not rush like I did. I folded the card backwards so it looks like I flipped the image top and bottom. The last "ho" looks a little weird, but the printed paper hides it a bit. Or at least I hope it does. I grabbed supplies for one card as I ran out the door for work to create and take photos during my lunch break so I'd be sure to have good light. I guess that did not work out as well as I planned. I did not notice my error until I was looking at the photo while cropping and watermarking. I am curious, what is your worst crafting mistake?

Now about the card. I first selected a card with an opening (#M44D60) from the CTMH/Cricut® Art Philosophy cartridge (Z1686). I sized it so two cards can be cut from one 12" x 12" sheet of paper. The "Ho Ho Ho" (#M42117) is from the CTMH/Cricut® Artiste cartridge (Z1790) and I used the weld feature to attach it to the card opening. To cut the B&T Partridge & Pear (retired) paper in the label shape that mimicked the card opening I used the hide contour option and hid the outside cut lines for the card and removed the score line.

Christmas Card Week 29 - option a - inside

I added "Merry Christmas" (#M3806B) - also from the Artiste cartridge - changing the image to write rather than cut, then attached it to the label and used the Cricut® Antiquities Pen in midnight.

My second card is exactly like my first (except I did not accidentally fold the card the wrong way) and I used cardstock from my stash and the recently purchased paper with "Merry Christmas" repeated on it (as soon as I saw this paper at Tuesday Morning I though of a project where the paper peeks through).

Christmas Card Week 29 - option b - front

For this card I had to finish the inside a bit different. There was a distinct pattern on the back of the "Merry Christmas" paper (tic-tac-toe) the looked horrible when cut so I enlarged the label and removed the "Merry Christmas" (but it would have looked nice with the sentiment as well), cut it from white cardstock and embossed using a Sheet Music Sizzix Texture Fades Embossing Folder by Tim Holtz.

Christmas Card Week 29 - option b - inside

If you use Cricut Design Space®, have the Art Philosophy and Artiste collections and would like to be able to create this card immediately, feel free to use this URL to get started. I encourage you to direct  people to this blog post if they too would like to create the card. I only ask that if you use this file and post photos online that you acknowledge where you got the inspiration and create a link back to this post.

I believe this card would easily go together in Cricut® Craft Room, but I have not found the time to give it a try yet.

If you need the Art Philosophy or Artiste cartridges or any other supplies to create this card and are ready to place an order, please click on the Shop Now button.


If you have any questions about any CTMH product or promotion please contact me, especially if you plan to purchase one or more of the cartridges. You could host an Online Gathering to work toward Hostess Rewards and maybe a 1/2 price item. Sent me a note with the best number to reach you so we can work out the details.

I am on Facebook and I would love it if you Liked my page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.