Thursday, June 19, 2014

27 Weeks Until Christmas

It seems like time flew between last Thursday and this Thursday. I am a little late getting this card posted, as I have less than one hour until it becomes Friday, but I squeaked this card in just under the wire. The image actually has been colored for about a week and I cut out the globe in the few minutes I had between dinner and meetings earlier this week, but the embellishments just came together tonight as I was too tired to finish this last night.

This is the fourth card I have created using Santa's Letter by Digi Stamps 4 Joy. I have used a different coloring technique for each. Previously I used colored pencils, oil pastels and watercolor pencils. I am coloring another image and will be posting that card soon - I have an anniversary and birthday card to work on first.

June 2014 Holiday Card - take 4

The image was printed on Georgia Pacific white cardstock and colored with Close To My Heart Exclusive Inks® Stamps Pads in Buttercup (Z2110) - this color is retiring July 31 (or while supplies last), Chocolate (Z2111), Saddle (Z2171) and Whisper (Z2172) and a Blending Pen (3174). A fine point glue pen and CTMH Prisma Glitter (retired) was used for the "snow". The printed cardstock behind the globe is from Starry Night a Recollections Signature Paper Pad. The printed cardstock on the card background is from Echo Park Paper - Winter Park by Lori Whitlock. The holly and banner were cut using my Cricut® Explore and Design Space using the Stretch Your Imagination and CTMH/Cricut® Art Philosophy (Z1686) cartridges (Design Space images #M465F1 and #M41727). "Merry Christmas" is from the CTMH My Acrylix™ stamp set A Holiday (A1115) and stamped with a Black Exclusive Inks® Stamps Pad (Z2105). All other cardstock and a pre-scored white greeting card with envelope are from my stash. I used CTMH 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151) to attach the globe and holly.

I am linking my card to Decosse's Dynamite Doodles 12 Months of Christmas Card Link Up. This is the image for the Digi Stamps 4 Joy June 2014 Monthly Christmas Challenge. The other cards I have created with this digi were just because I really like this image.

Thanks for stopping by and seeing my card. I hope you like it.

2 comments:

  1. I see you have been cranking out the Christmas cards with this image. You go, Girl! They are all wonderful! Thanks for joining the challenge. It won't be long until July and another free image heading your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning and I just love the sparkly touches on the snow.
    Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of July.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.