Monday, May 4, 2015

Taste of Summer Cricut® Artiste Compatible Cuts

When I was working with my new National Scrapbooking Month Taste of Summer My Acrylix® Stamp Set (CC1039) I ran into some questions when cutting one of the Cricut® Artiste Collection (Z1790) coordinating die cuts.


The stamp images outlined in red coordinate with the Cricut® Artiste Collection (but the carrier sheet is printed with B&W). On the stamp carrier sheet I was reading the outline on the left as intended for the frame stamp rather than the "Orange You Sweet" phrase. I cut Accent 3 (without shift) on page 33 of the handbook (Cricut® Design Space code #M39B85) at a height of 1¼" as indicated on the carrier sheet and it was obviously too small for the frame (but it fits the phrase stamp perfectly as shown in the photo below).


Now that I have seen the carrier sheet in color on my OBA, I see the happy error I made. I say happy error because I believe can adjust the die cut using Cricut® Design Space or Cricut® Craft Room to stamp the frame on a die cut too.

My second attempt to cut the shape to coordinate with the frame stamp I set the height to 1¾". As you can see in the photo above, it was pretty good top to bottom, but I had some extra white space on the left and right.

For my third attempt I unlocked the image in Cricut® Design Space and I set the height to 1¾" and the width to 2¾". While I think the results are pretty good, I have since decided I am going to make the height a little bigger so the amount of white space on the top and bottom similar to what it is on the left and right. Come back on Thursday, May 7 when I post my creation for the National Scrapbooking Month Taste of Summer blog hop; I might be sharing my newly sized label die cut.

As you can see in my photo above, when I set the height at ½" for Accent 4+Shift on page 35 of the handbook (Cricut®Design Space code #M46A23), the Yummy banner stamp fit great on the die cut.

I played with the sizing a bit more and decided that I like the size set to a height of 1⅞" and a width of 2¾" like the Sunset stamped frame below. It is amazing how much difference ⅛" makes.


I like that there is about the same amount of white space around the stamped image with the Sunset ink. If you would like to use my Cricut® Design Space file, you will find it here. If you would like to use my Cricut® Craft Room file, you can download it here [link removed since Cricut no longer supports Cricut® Craft Room]; click download to save the file to your computer (this is my first time sharing a CCR file for you to import, I hope it works well).

As a special offer to my customers, when you purchase the National Scrapbooking Month Taste of Summer My Acrylix® Stamp Set (CC1039) at a Gathering or from my OBA during May 2015 I will send you as many die cuts as I can fit on one sheet of 12" x 12" White Daisy cardstock. The cuts you will receive include the label cut to fit the phrase "Orange You Sweet" and cut to fit the frame and the banner to fit the phrase "Yummy" — at least 12 of each die cut.

Please support my Close To My Heart business if you find information I post here helpful. The Shop Now button will take you to my Online Business Address where you can make a purchase. Your purchases (and comments) provide me the encouragement to continue to create samples, cheat sheets and tutorials.


If you have any product or promotion questions, do not hesitate to email me. You will also find me on Facebook at Brenda's Paper Crafts.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this information Brenda! I haven't mastered design space yet but this keeps me from wasting paper trying to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! This clears up so much. The first time I cut the frame at the size on the stamp set, I thought "what the heck??". I cut the medallion a bit bigger and then bigger again until the stamp fit, bit it was like your second image in your first photo - long and skinny with a lot of white showing. Now I can do it right!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very welcome. I am so happy that people are finding this post helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.