For National Scrapbooking Month Close To My Heart is offering both a paper back (shown in the blog badge above) and a stamp set. The paper pack is only $8.95, no qualifying purchase necessary, and includes 12 sheets of B&T Duos™ Papers — two each of six designs. They were exclusively designed for National Scrapbooking Month.
The stamp set is D-size and includes 15 stamps. The stamp set is $17.95. The images outlined in red coordinate with cuts from the Cricut® Artiste Collection (Z1790).
You should have arrived here from ***Clearly Cards by Jeanie Burch***. If you get lost along the way, a complete list of participants is listed at Melinda Everitt's If You Bling It.
I was excited to play with my new stamp set and a little intimidated to cut into my beautiful paper (I might have to purchase another package so I can hoard some sheets, do you ever do that?) so I started by creating a card just with stamps and cardstock:
The lemon and lime that are not part of the border were double stamped, that is, I inked the image and stamped, then repeated. I used sponge daubers to ink the phrase to get a bit of an ombré effect. If you are wondering how I stamped the phrase, since the stamps are bendable, I wrapped the part I did not want to stamp around the block's edge, inked, stamped then re-aligned my stamp on the block for the remaining word. I inked the edges of Canary cardstock with Topiary ink, but it might be too subtle to see in the photo.
I really wanted to create a card that highlighted at least one of the beautiful papers in the pack so I flipped though the CTMH How-To Program books and found something that jumped out at me. My second card was inspired by the card on page 72 of Originals Card Confidence Program™ (9036); the pattern is Clean Cut™ on page 105 which was designed as a 7" x 5" card, but I modified it to fit a 5 ½" X 4 ¼" card base.
I used the rock and roll technique to ink the berries, but I wasn't sure they stood out enough from the pink B&T paper. I was going to change entirely to the flowers inked in Honey, they remind me of strawberry blossoms, from Flowers for Mom, but I started playing around with the fussy cuts and came up with the blossoms and berries combined.
The die cut frame was not intended to be a Cricut® cut (the red outline is around the phrase "Orange You Sweet" not the frame), but I played around with the image in Cricut® Design Space and found settings that I thought work well. I blogged about my process on May 4.
Before you visit ***Pam's Clearly Crafty Corner***, additional information about how my project was created is below.
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- Taste of Summer Paper Pack (CC1038)
- National Scrapbooking Month Taste of Summer My Acrylix® Stamp Set (CC1039)
- My Acrylix™ Flowers for Mom Stamp Set (B1473); Flowers for Mum (B1474) would also work
- 5 ½" X 4 ¼" White Cards & Envelopes, Value Pack (X254)
- 12" x 12" White Daisy Cardstock (1385)
- 12" x 12" Canary Cardstock (X5772)
- 12" x 12" Topiary Cardstock (X5635)
- Canary Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2643)
- Topiary Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2155)
- Hollyhock Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2128)
- Cranberry Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2116)
- Honey Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2162)
- Sponge Daubers (Z726) or Value Pack of 12 (Z1938)
- Scallop Border Punch (Z1851)
- Bonding Memories™ Glue Pen (Z553)
- 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive (Z3022)
- Thin 3-D Foam Tape (Z2060)
- Originals Card Confidence Program™ (9036)
- Cricut® Artiste Collection (Z1790)
- to fit the frame stamp - this has to be done in Cricut® Design Space or Cricut® Craft Room: DS code #M39B85 or Accent 3 (without shift) on page 33 of the handbook; image proportions unlocked and size set to a height of 1⅞" and a width of 2¾"; if you would like to use my Cricut® Design Space file, you will find it here; if you would like to use my Cricut® Craft Room file, you can download it here, just click "download" to save the file to your computer
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cricut® Design Space, Cricut® Explore, Glass Cutting Mat, Craft Knife
If you have a moment, please leave a comment letting me know what think of my cards. So you do not have to scroll up, the next stop on the hop is ***Pam's Clearly Crafty Corner***. Thanks again for hopping with us.