You should have arrived here from ***Lela N.'s Living, Loving, Laughing for Life***. If you get lost along the way, Melinda Everitt keeps a list of participants on her blog at If You Bling It.
Today I am sharing a couple of projects with you. I received the Cut Above™ 'Tis the Season Tag Kit from FedEx on a Saturday afternoon. Since I did not have anything scheduled that had to be done that day, I pulled out my blocks and inks and was able to complete the tags before it was time to start making dinner. It is really nice to be able to finish a project that quickly.
Since then I received the Workshops Your Way™ Party Time Cardmaking Kit. I created one card of each style as shown in the Guide.
Knowing I would not need several invitations and not wanting to have any birthday cards that look identical, I started playing with different ways I could make each card unique.
On this card I used Pansy ink rather than the suggested Raspberry. I was also able to strategically place the Emerald cardstock in the Happy Thoughts Embossing Folder. As long as I put the embossing folder to the far right in the Cuttlebug there was enough room for the cardstock to extend beyond the folder on the left without getting damaged when passing through the machine. I sanded the embossing so it would stand out more.
I added additional color on some of my Sea Glass cardstock pieces. I used scrunched up plastic wrap to dab or stroke Sea Glass Re-inker on the cardstock.
The silver embossing was picking up the colors in the sunset which I think makes a nice pearl look in the photo. Unfortunately I also think it makes it more difficult to see that I used Sea Glass Glitter Paper instead of the Silver Shimmer Trim included in the kit.
I used the Word Search Embossing Folder in the same way as a card above, but since the word "happy" was close to the folder's hinge, some embossing from the line below appeared on the Emerald cardstock. I used the Bone Folder to smooth the unwanted embossing as best I could so the layers on top would lay as flat as possible. I also used some of the other smaller stamps to highlight the "Happy Birthday".
Before you head to ***Let's Give 'em Something to Scrap About! by Maureen O'Sullivan***, the supplies I used to create my project are listed below.
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- Cut Above™ 'Tis the Season Tag Kit (G1111)
- My Acrylix™ Mini Christmas Stamp Set (M1152)
- My Acrylix™ Happiest Holidays Stamp Set (M1153)
- My Acrylix™ Mini Joy Stamp Set (M1154)
- My Acrylix™ Merry & Bright Stamp Set (M1155)
- Black Memento™ Ink Pad (Z899)
- 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive (Z3022)
- 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)
- Workshops Your Way™ Party Time Cardmaking Kit (G1111)
- Whisper Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2172)
- Emerald Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2806)
- Raspberry Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2812)
- Sea Glass Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2813)
- Items I added to make cards different than the Workshops Your Way™ Kit
- Pansy Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2813)
- VersaMark™ Ink Pad (Z891)
- Ranger™ Silver Super Fine Embossing Powder (Z2067)
- Craft Heater (X555)
- Sea Glass Exclusive Inks™ Re-inker (Z2713)
- Sea Glass Glitter Paper (Z3240)
- Word Search Embossing Folder (Z3250)
- Happy Thoughts Embossing Folder (Z3249)
- Bone Folder (Z1204)
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cuttlebug, sanding block, plastic wrap
Before you leave I would be delighted if you left me a comment letting me know what you think of my project. So you do not have to scroll back up, the next stop on the hop is ***Let's Give 'em Something to Scrap About! by Maureen O'Sullivan***.
UPDATE – September 19 – please click to visit my "Newer Post" to see the final four cards I created with this kit.
Thank you for hopping with us. I hope you are getting many project ideas for the upcoming cooler weather.