You should have arrived here from ***My Scrapbooking Blog by Wendy Kessler***. If you get lost along the way, Melinda Everitt keeps a list of participants on her blog at If You Bling It.
Since a 3" x 3" card does not meet the minimum size requirements for the US Postal Service and square cards require more postage, I tried to think of ways to adapt this card kit to create A2-sized cards and thought creating an easel card would not only fit the size, but also create a perfect backdrop to show off the cards and stamps in this kit. The card I created looks like this when pulled from the envelope.
And when someone opens it and tucks the front behind the stopper, the card becomes something that can be displayed on a mantle, desk, bookshelf or dresser.
Before you head to ***Vickie O'Dell's HeARTful Stamper***, the supplies I used to create my project are listed below.
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- Create Kindness Card Kit (CC1145) - I cut the included card base in half to result in (2) 3" x 3" pieces
- 12" × 12" White Daisy Cardstock (1385)
- Sea Glass Glitter Paper (Z3240)
- 12" × 12" Sea Glass Cardstock (X5789)
- 12" × 12" Lemon Cardstock (X5789)
- Black Memento™ Ink Pad (Z899)
- My Acrylix™ Ink Blot Stamp Set (D1660)
- Exclusive Inks™ Sea Glass Mini Pigment Pad (Z2507)
- Craft Heater (Z555)
- ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Markers in the following colors: Bronze (Z2447), Mahogany (Z2456), Marigold (Z2457), Golden Yellow (Z2452), Vivid Green (Z2466) and Turquoise Blue (Z2465)
- Simple Chevron Embossing Folder (Z3247)
- Marvy® Uchida® LePen™ Journaling Pen (Z1979)
- Cricut® Artistry Collection - available as physical cartridge (Z3167) or digital collection (Z3190)
- Label - #M4183C8 - page 3 - cut at 2.2"
- Banner Label - #M417DE8 - page 43 - cut at 1.75"
- My CDS file is here
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cricut® Design Space, basic shapes in CDS, Cricut® Explore, Cuttlebug
When applying glue to add it to the front of the tent, not the 5½" x 4¼" decorative layer. This way you can be sure you will not glue the card "shut" so that it cannot be raised to be an easel.
If you are not already working with a CTMH Independent Consultant, you may purchase all of the supplies I used at my Online Business Address. Before you leave I would be delighted if you left me a comment letting me know what you think of my project. So you do not have to scroll back up, the next stop on the hop is ***Vickie O'Dell's HeARTful Stamper***.
I hope you are finding many ideas for using the Create Kindness kit.