|Cover Seasonal Expressions 1|
For today's hop I created a two cards. On my first card I used the stamp as it is.
The Leafy Congrats stamp coordinates with the largest die in the Thin Cuts—Basic Circles set (the shapes are 2½", 2", 1½" and 1"). Even though our stamps are clear, I tend to stamp then cut the shape out. I use washi tape to hold the die in place while running it though my Cuttlebug. I happened to have a set of Spellbinders Nestabilities to cut larger circles, so I cut a Willow circle at 2¾"
On my second card I masked the word and stamped my own sentiment from Sending Smiles (D1708) which is one of the three D-sized stamp sets that comes with the Cricut® Flower Market Collection.
Here's how I went about creating a mask for this stamp. I stamped and cut as usual, then I used a craft knife and glass cutting mat to cut around the word.
When I use the stamp to create something with a new greeting, I place both pieces of cardstock down (this also assures me that the piece of cardstock I am using is large enough). Then I hold the word in place while lifting the larger piece of cardstock from where I want to stamp. I line up the words, stamp and then die cut.
I cut the cardstock before stamping the sentiment. I feel that gives me better accuracy when deciding if a sentiment will fit into the space.
This is the other image I stamped planning to create a card with the Hello Lovely papers, but I ran out of time.
I am loving how this stamp can be used with many different greetings.
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- My Acrylix™ Stamp Sets: Leafy Congrats (A1203); Happy to Be Friends (C1605 - the French version is C1605F and the Spanish version is C1605S); Sending Smiles (D1708)
- 12" X 12" Cardstock in the following colors: White Daisy (1385); Willow (X5784)
- Paper packets: Dreamin' Big (X7218B), Some Kinda Wonderful (X7217B)
- Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad in the following colors: Fern (Z2850)
- ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Markers in the following colors: Pastel Green (Z2459), Leaf Green (Z2454), Vivid Green (Z2466), Sap Green (Z2463)
- Watercolor Pencils (3505)
- Waterbrush—Small Round (Z3224)
- Shimmer Brush—Gold (Z3316)
- Foil Tape Gold (Z3129)
- 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive (Z3022)
- 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)
- Thin Cuts—Basic Circles (Z3318)
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cuttlebug, craft knife, glass cutting mat
Before you head to Carol, I would be thrilled if you took a moment to let me know what you think of my cards. I hope you are finding many ideas for new the products in SE1.
Here is a copy of the blog hop list with a direct link to each blog post:
- Carol Loftus - http://carolloftus.blogspot.com/2017/01/seasonal-expressions-1-blog-hop.html
- Julie Scott - http://craftwithjulie.blogspot.com/2017/01/seasonal-expressions-1-blog-hop.html
- Erica Haskin - http://dressesandspurs.blogspot.com/2017/01/seasonal-expressions-1-blog-hop.html
- Haley Dyer - http://inkyscrapper.blogspot.com/2017/01/seasonal-expressions-1-blog-hop_14.html
- Melissa Robinson - http://mlisrobinson.blogspot.com/2017/01/seasonal-expressions-1-blog-hop.html
- Brenda Lapp (you are here) - http://centralnyscrapper.blogspot.com/2017/01/seasonal-expressions-1-2017-blog-hop.html
Thanks for hopping with us!