You should have arrived here from ***jd designs by Jennifer Dykstra***. If you get lost along the way, Melinda Everitt keeps a list of participants on her blog at If You Bling It.
If you joined us for the January SOTM Blog Hop you know that my niece got married on December 31 and I used that stamp set for a card my mother gave to the bride and groom. When it came to the card I was giving them I was very inspired by the card on the front cover of Seasonal Expressions 1 (and in the blog badge above).
I created my own 5" x 7" card base from White Daisy cardstock. Then I cut a grey layer from Hello Lovely paper then embossed a layer of White Daisy using the Simple Chevron folder to layer on top of that. I cut a 3¾" circle with the Explore using the insert shapes feature in Design Space. I have the "arches" in the Hello Lovely paper going the opposite way from the card on the cover because I thought "arches" was more positive. I added the circle to the card with Thin 3-D Foam Tape and when I added the floral die cuts I used a combination of adhesives to build layers. The floral at the top of the card is a zip strip.
I love that Close To My Heart stamps are clear. When inking the floral spray I just tapped the area I wanted to be Sorbet on the stamp pad and then rotated the stamp to ink with Fern. I did not not have time to mask as I was finishing the card about 5 minutes before leaving for the wedding. I used Silver Glitter Paper for the word love and the heart because silver was one of their wedding colors.
Before you head to ***Michelle Loncar's Show and Tell, with Michelle***, the supplies I used to create my card are listed below.
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- Hello Lovely Cardmaking Thin Cuts Bundle (Z3301)
- Hello Lovely Paper Packet (X7216B); 12" X 12" Cardstock: White Daisy (1385); Silver Glitter Paper (Z3239)
- Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pads: Sorbet (Z2864), Fern (Z2850), Slate (Z2873)
- Thin Cuts: Love (Z3257), Hearts (Z3260); Simple Chevron Embossing Folder (Z3247)
- Blush Shimmer Ribbon (Z3313); Clear Sparkles (Z3274); Bitty Sparkles (Z1263)
- Bonding Memories™ Glue Pen (Z553); 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive (Z3022); Thin 3-D Foam Tape (Z2060); 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cricut® Design Space, Cricut® Explore (to cut the circle), Cuttlebug (to emboss and cut using the Thin Cuts)
Before you leave I would be delighted if you left me a comment letting me know what you think of my project. So you do not have to scroll back up, the next stop on the hop is ***Michelle Loncar's Show and Tell, with Michelle***.
Thank you for hopping with us. I hope you are finding inspiration in the projects we are sharing.