Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Wooden Plaque

I've been lucky enough to attend Anna Griffin's Create in Atlanta the past few years. A friend of mine who doesn't live locally has been asking to see what we created last November so here goes.

One of the things we created was this wooden plaque with the initial from our last name.

Anna Griffin Create 2019 Plain With Plaid
Anna Griffin Create 2019 Plain With Plaid
The class was called Paint with Plaid and Kay Mitchell was our incredible instructor. We covered the wooden plaque with an ivory paint and then we stenciled with green. We painted the edges of the letter with green too, then we covered it with paper. While we received a beautiful Anna Griffin paper to cover the letter, I selected a retired Close To My Heart paper, La Vie En Rose, so the letter would stand out more.

I love the ribbon we received to hang our plaque. When I packed to travel home I hastily placed the ribbon in a box I shipped. Of course I didn't remember that's what I'd done. I was very bummed when I unpacked my luggage thinking I'd accidentally left that beautiful ribbon behind. I was over the moon when the box I shipped arrived and there it was.

Seeing the ribbon in this photo, I think I will shorten the hanger part and make the bow fuller.

I'm not a painter, but I enjoyed this class and I think I will try to create something like this again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.