Thursday, March 22, 2012

CC Challenge #7

Around Valentine's Day Crop Chocolate started having weekly challenges (click here for information on the current challenge).

Challenge #7 - What's up-cycle?

The details read "Create a project using up-cycled flowers... whatever those are."

The rules read "Post a picture of your design. 50% of the product used must be from CropChocolate.com.
Please include items used in the description of your entry. Contest ends on March 20th, 2012 at 11:59:59pm Mountain. Please submit your entry before then. $10 CropCredit in a random drawing."

I had a couple of ideas, but I did not think I had enough products from CC to meet the 50% requirement for my first idea. While drinking coffee one afternoon I looked down at the cup and was reminded of a wreath a friend pinned. Unfortunately I did not repin that project to show it to you (I did not think I would ever make one), but basically someone cut what looked like several leaves from the "cup wraps" and made a wreath. I don't remember if they only used the inside of the wrap or if they painted the exterior.

Here are some of the items I used to make my card:


 And here is my end result:


This is what I wrote when I submitted my entry: Source of up-cycle: Starbucks hot beverage wrap (I opened it, spritzed the interior with both glimmer mists and cut it with the petal die in the QuicKutz blossom set, covered the Bazzill brad with white embossing powder); Crop Chocolate products used: 12x12 Life Stories Red by My Mind's Eye; 12x12 Life Stories Green by My Mind's Eye; Distress Stain - Pumice Stone by Tim Holtz; Red Nosed Reindeer Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels; Glimmer Mist Vintage Pink by Tattered Angels; Slice Design Cutter, Hands Free Kit and Design Card - Salutations; Mat Stack 3.0 by Making Memories (5"x7" mat stack); 18mm Brads: Heidi by Bazzill; Opaque White Zing Embossing Powder by American Crafts; Making Memories Ribbon & Ribbon Charms - celery; Other products used: white cardstock blank greeting card; QuicKutz Squeeze tool; QuicKutz 9-die Blossom Set; QuicKutz Frankie Skinni-mini alphabet; Distress Ink - Vintage Photo

In hindsight I wish I'd done something more to make the letters stand out, but I am happy with the end result. I hope you enjoyed my card.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.