Tuesday, March 27, 2012

CC Challenge #8

Note: the comments for the 2nd Unofficial Crop Chocolate Blog Hop have closed (though check individual posts for details regarding blog candy that was offered - their schedules (and entry requirements) may be different). Winners will be announced tomorrow, Wednesday, March 28 at Crafty Love 4 My Twins and centralNYscrapper.


Challenge #8 - Packing a Punch

The details for CropChocolate Challenge #8 read "Use packaging from a CropChocolate.com order (e.g. brown void-fill paper, backing from stickers or brads, product packaging, plastic bags, etc) to create a component or element on a project." [Click here for information on the current challenge]

The rules read "Post a picture of your design. 50% of the product used must be from CropChocolate.com. Please include items used in the description of your entry. Contest ends on March 27th, 2012 at 11:59:59pm Mountain. Please submit your entry before then. $10 CropCredit in a random drawing."

The first idea I had for Challenge #7 helped me with this challenge.

Packing used: the clam-shell packaging that comes around a variety of items. In this case, clear stamps. I also used the "remainder" after punching out one of the labels from the embellishments.

Other items from Cropchocolate: 12x12 So Sophie Clever Cardstock by My Mind's Eye; So Sophie Clever Embellishments by My Mind's Eye; Distress Ink - Walnut Stain by Tim Holtz; 12x12 GardenPond/StonePath CS by Echo Park; Viper Permanent Adhesive by Snake Tape

Other items used: ribbon. Alcohol Ink - Bottle; QuicKutz Roxy Classic and Shadow dies; QuicKutz Revolution

Here's the card I submitted:


So the dots would not show through my letters, I used the shadow die and scraps from GardenPond/StonePath CS by Echo Park. I layered the clear shadow die cut that had been covered with the Alcohol Ink - Bottle on top of the cardstock die cuts. I then layered the clear letters on top. In the right light the letters have a bit of a shimmer to them. I cut a piece of cardstock from the So Sophie Clever line to layer under the opening where the label die cut used to be.

Here is a close-up of the packaging I used:


And here is a close-up of the bow:


I hope you like the project I submitted for Challenge #8. Comments are appreciated. Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.