Today I am sharing another simple card I made. I like elegant, fancy cards, I just never seem to make them. The idea is loosely based on one of the layouts we did at the Fall Album Retreat.
To be certain it stood out against the Kraft background I stamped the focal flower with Goldrush twice, but I only stamped the leaves once with first generation ink. I also stamped the envelope flap to dress it up a bit. I used first generation ink and overlapped the stamping. I would not stamp it more than I did because I would be afraid that the colors would start to get muddy.
Here is what the Colonial White card base looked like before I added the Kraft cardstock layer. I stamped the Colonial White card base with first and second generation ink so the edges that showed did not look too stark.
The ingredients I used to make the card: 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" Colonial White Cards & Envelopes, Value Pack (X1410), 12" X 12" Kraft Cardstock (Z1375), My Acrylix® Happy Autumn Stamp Set (D1550), Desert Sand (Z2118), Goldrush (Z2123), Olive (Z2137) and Outdoor Denim (Z2140) Exclusive Inks® Stamp Pads.
Thank you for hopping with us today. I hope you are getting some great ideas for your holiday cardmaking and paper crafting. Your next stop is Scrappin' with Ash - Ashley Denny.
The hop is organized by Diane Tuggle and starts at her blog The Happy Scrapbooker. Here are all of the stops on the Festive Friday Blog Hop:
- The Happy Scrapbooker - Diane Tuggle
- Show Me Scrapping - Rebecca Brown
- Wandering Scissors -
- Carol Loftus
- Blue Sky Scrapping - Linda Pekrul
- Scrapping with Elsa and Shaye ~ Dachshund Paper Pixies - Jamie Barney
- Stampologist - Paige Dolecki
- Cr8ive ME - Mary Ellen Driggs
- Imagine The Possibilities Studio - April Grigson
- The Sassy Scrapper - Theresa Miller
- centralNYscrapper - Brenda Lapp ------- You Are Here
- Scrappin' with Ash - Ashley Denny
- Ida's Attic - Mary Schwimer