When you purchase the Cricut® Artbooking Collection (Z1906) you will receive the cartridge, the overlay (the overlays are no longer automatically included with other recent Cricut® cartridge releases), the handbook, three My Acrylix® D-size stamp sets and three different 12" x 9" Dimensional Elements: Framework (Z1900), Snapshots (Z1901) and Signage (Z1902). The Dimensional Elements are also available for individual purchase so when you use what is included, you have the opportunity to purchase additional sheets.
Here is project made with Artbooking. It is also pictured on page 58 of the Autumn/Winter 2013 Idea Book.
With the release of Artbooking, Close to My Heart created a video series Artbooking Made Easy. CTMH is planning to release a new video each week from September 2013 to April 2014 with tips and tricks for using the collection. Be sure to check back each week for additional tips and tricks.
This week's video is Artbooking Made Easy (S01E01): Getting Started with Cricut Artbooking. The
CTMH Corp. description of the video is "Close To My Heart's revolutionary Cricut® Artbooking collection will take your papercrafting to a new level! Learn how to use the new collection to turn your themed layouts and mini scrapbooks into beautiful works of art.
Join us each week for the Artbooking Made Easy series from September 2013 through April 2014. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel, bookmark Jeanette Lynton's blog, and follow us on Facebook to stay in-the-know!"
A few points I want to be certain that you do not miss while watching the video:
- there are 15 layout and 10 mini book themes
- sizes for the layouts and mini book images are linked so the cuts are proportional and you only have to set the cut size once at the start of your project, but set your machine so Real Dial Size is OFF that way the sizes of the cuts will be relative to each other
- to cut images to use with the coordinating stamp sets use the size printed on the carrier sheet; set your machine so Real Dial Size is ON
- mini albums have photo mats, aka pages with holes cut for using with the My Creations® Kraft 3-Ring Album (Z1871), but they also have overlays; the overlays fill the page except for the gutter where the page goes into the binder so you do not lose any of your artwork on the page
- do not throw away the negative space; you can use these cuts to create new pages (more on that in a later post) or to embellish other pages
If you would like to browse the other items in Autumn/Winter 2013 CTMH Idea Book, click here. Contact me if you would like to learn how you would be able to purchase the Artbooking collection at 1/2 off by hosting a Gathering either in-home or on-line.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. If you enjoy reading these posts, please head over to my Facebook page, Brenda's Paper Crafts, and Like it. Thanks for visiting today.