This CTMH Corp. description of this week's video, Artbooking Made Easy: Wintertime Layouts is "The wintery images from Close To My Heart's Cricut® Artbooking cartridge will melt your heart! Watch for inspiration on how to make the frosty shapes, titles, borders, and overlays fall into place on your layouts to give them a little sparkle!"
A few points I want to be certain that you do not miss while watching the video:
- the wintertime themed-keys are on pages 76 and 77 of the Artbooking Handbook
- there are 28 wintertime images to choose from
- the Frosty Fun layout includes Cricut® cut and stamped snowflakes on the left page; the cluster of Cricut® cut snowflakes on the right page is the overlay from page 76, to get this look cut the overlay at 11 inches using Colonial White cardstock and place an 11 inch square of patterned paper behind it, use the stitch guide or a sewing machine to stitch them together, the overlay in the video was sponged with Crystal Blue ink
- the Juniper cardstock in the background is stamped randomly in tone-on-tone; the key to random stamping is to stamp the images in a triangle pattern and let some of the images go off the page
- the Just Chillin' layout uses images from both keys; the blotch of color on the left page is created with a pigment ink pad that is swiped on the page - the technique is demonstrated in the video
- more details about the third layout along with some close-up photos and a supply list are posted on Jeanette Lyntons' blog
Contact me if you would like to learn how you would be able to purchase the Artbooking collection at 1/2 off by hosting a Gathering either in-home or on-line.