Today's video is Clearly The Best: Subway Speak (S02E09). The CTMH Corp. description is "Say it with subway art! Make a tile using this fun technique and the My Creations™ 6" x 6" canvas display from Close To My Heart."
Products used in the video:
- My Creations™ 6" X 6" Canvas Display (Z1818)
- Create-A-Shade™ Pearl Paint (Z1039)
- Exclusive Inks® Re-Inker in the color(s) of your choice
- B&T Duos® Paper(s) of your choice
- Bone Folder (Z1204) - for mixing; see tip below
- Archival Black Exclusive Inks® Stamp Pad (44751)
- Sponge Daubers (Z726)
- Modge Podge - available at craft stores
- this project needs time to dry between the steps - sometimes it is best to let it dry overnight
- make sure you mix enough paint and re-inker to cover your canvas from the start as it may be difficult to match the color if you run out
- mix the paint and re-inker with something solid like a bone folder - not your paintbrush - because the color may get unevenly distributed in the brush during mixing
- for your masks use repositionable adhesive and make sure it adheres well all the way to the edges so paint does not seep under the mask; this will give you crisp edges
- distress the edges with Archival Black ink
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.