This month we are featuring the Happy Everything Stamp Set (D1653). When the Happy Everything stamp set is purchased at full retail price, $17.95, Close To My Heart will donate $3 of the proceeds to Operation Smile.
If you are unfamiliar with Operation Smile®, it is an organization that provides free, life-changing surgery that repairs smiles and reshapes lives, one child at a time. Since 2008, Close To My Heart has provided support to change the lives of over 1,500 children and their families.
You should have arrived here from ***Jennifer Dykstra's jd designs***. If you get lost along the way, a complete list of participants may be found at Melinda Everitt's If You Bling It.
I created two cards for this hop. The first card is modeled on the Overview™ pattern for a 5½" x 4¼" card. The pattern is on page 102 of the Originals Card Confidence Program.
My second card is adapted from the Fancy Five™ pattern for a 7" x 5" card on page 114 of Originals.
Before you visit ***Gina Brandstetter's Gina's Little Corner of Stampin Heaven***, some notes about my cards and the supplies I used to create my project are below.
For the card based on the Overview™ pattern I used Sponge Daubers to apply the ink to the stamp then I "huffed" (or breathed out of my mouth) onto the stamp to re-moisten the ink a little. I also used the Peony Purple ShinHan Marker to change the color of the clear sparkles to purple.
For the card inspired by the Fancy Five™ pattern I turned the card so the fold was on top, but it looked too top heavy with the five cardstock squares on the top, so I reduced the number to three and placed them on the side. The Thistle pieces are cut at 1¾" x 1½" and the Canary piece at 1½" x 1½". I also used Sponge Daubers to apply the ink to the stamp, but this time I misted it with as fine a mist of water I could before stamping. To try to achieve a fine mist I held my mister about 8 to 10 inches from the stamp so it did not get too saturated. The "Not just a year older..." phrase was stamped in second generation Pacifica.
All supplies are from Close To My Heart:
- Originals Card Confidence Program™ (9036)
- My Acrylix™ Happy Everything Stamp Set (D1653)
- 12" X 12" White Daisy Cardstock (1385)
- 12" X 12" Pacifica Cardstock (X5759)
- 12" X 12" Canary Cardstock (X5772)
- 12" X 12" Thistle Cardstock (X5769)
- 12" X 12" Glacier Cardstock (X5770)
- Paper Fundamentals Whimsy Assortment (Z2033) - Thistle
- Confetti Wishes Paper Packet (X7189B) or leftover pieces from the Workshops on the Go® Confetti Wishes Scrapbooking Kit (G1086)
- 5½" X 4¼" White Cards & Envelopes, Value Pack (X254)
- Pacifica Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2192)
- Canary Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2643)
- Thistle Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2640)
- Glacier Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2141)
- Sponge Daubers (Z726) or Value Pack of 12 (Z1938)
- Spray Pen (Z1380)
- ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ markers in the following color:
- Peony Purple (Z2462)
- Sparkles Brown & Tan Assortment (Z1753)
- Score Board (Z1937)
- Scallop Border Punch (Z1851)
- Mini Stapler (Z2027)
- Edge Distresser (Z1297)
- Non-Stick Micro-Tip Scissors (Z1836)
- 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive (Z3022)
- 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)
I love to get feedback on my creations, so if you have a moment, please let me know what think of my cards. So you do not have to scroll back up, the next blog to visit is ***Gina Brandstetter's Gina's Little Corner of Stampin Heaven***.