Sunday, July 26, 2015

2015 Straight Family Reunion

It is summer and that means it is time for another Straight Family Reunion. It you have been a subscriber or observer of my blog over the years, you know that we have Silent Auctions and/or Raffles to help pay the expenses for the following year.

I created this wall hanger for the 2015 reunion.


The "family" chipboard base was purchased at Hobby Lobby. I covered the chipboard with Delta All-Purpose Sealer and Delta Creamcoat Butter Cream Acrylic Paint.

I sprayed papers from the Sunshine In My Soul Glitz Paper Pack and cardstock from Recollections with Krylon UV-Resistant Clear Acrylic Coating. Through online research and trial and error I found that the acrylic coating puts some sheen on the paper, but more importantly, it helps prevent the paper from absorbing the Mod Podge I use to adhere the paper to the chipboard. If you saw my first two Mod Podge projects last July 24 and July 25, you saw my untreated papers absorbed the moisture and bubbled and buckled.

I traced the shape on the back of the paper, cut them out and adhered the paper to the chipboard with Mod Podge. When everything was dry, I sanded the edges so any loose paper was removed. Then I added our family name and date established. I cut them from Recollections cardstock using the Cricut®/Close To My Heart Art Philosophy collection, Cricut® Design Space and the Explore. I used Mod Podge to adhere and seal everything.

I hope you like creation. I think my family did. There was a bit of a bidding war which surprised me since attendance was down due to the weather.

Thanks for visiting today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.