I used the clock die cut and coordinating stamps to create the clock face and hands. To create the tri-fold card I cut a piece of 12" x 12" Glacier cardstock at 5½", then I scored the 12" edge at 4" and 8".
I used the hat, glasses and mustache almost exactly as they appear on the stamp carrier sheet.
I was thinking Father's Day the entire time I had this card in my mind's eye. I have no idea why because this stamp set does not remind me of my dad; he rarely wears a hat and only has a mustache when he grows a winter beard. Then I discovered the August 2015 SOTM Framed had a "Happy Father's Day" greeting and I thought Father's Day was fate.
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- My Acrylix™ Happy Hexagons Stamp Set (C1593) - see the stamp set here
- My Acrylix™ August 2015 SOTM: Framed Stamp Set (S1508)
- Jackson Paper Packet (X7195B)
- 12" X 12" Glacier Cardstock (X5770)
- 12" X 12" Colonial White Cardstock (1388)
- 12" X 12" Barn Red Cardstock (X5637) - retiring August 31 or while supplies last
- 12" X 12" Juniper Cardstock (X5752)
- Cocoa Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2114)
- Juniper Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2165)
- Glacier Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2141)
- Barn Red Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2104) - retiring August 31 or while supplies last
- Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2105)
- Bronze Shimmer Trim (Z1849)
- 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)
- 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive (Z3022)
- Score Board (Z1937)
- Cricut® Artiste Collection (Z1790)
- clock - #M3984D - ungroup and delete the Roman Numeral layer; select just the clock and set the height to 3.25"; I had a bit of trouble with the clock hands, my first cut was not sized correctly (too small) and I am having a hard time duplicating what I did for my second cut; I did try, and I think I was successful, sizing them at the same time, but it is not working for me tonight; set the rotate field for both to zero, then set the height for the stamp on the left to 1.3" and the height for the stamp on the right to 1.5" (that's what my heights up being)
- circle - #M39DC7 - I unlocked this and set the height and width to 2.67" then I locked the proportions again; I ended up not cutting this image, so if you use my Design Space file please test on scrap cardstock
- tag - #M42124 - this does not truly coordinate with one of the stamps, but I think it looks nice behind the "Hats Off To You" stamp
- circle - #M39DC7 - I unlocked this and set the height and width to 1.25" then I locked the proportions again; I ended up not cutting this image with my Explore, I punched this using the retired 1¼" circle punch, so if you use my Design Space file please test on scrap cardstock
- circle - #M3CEF6 - I unlocked this and set the height and width to 1.6" then I locked the proportions again
- if you would like to use my Cricut® Design Space file you will find it here
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cricut® Design Space, Cricut® Explore
I have exciting news for August, but I cannot tell you more until 12:01am EDT on the 1st, so please come back tomorrow.
If you are inspired to purchase the Hats Off stamp set or any CTMH product for your next project and are ready to place an order or would like to research any product, the Shop Now button will take you to my Online Business Address.
If you have any product or promotion questions, do not hesitate to email me.