Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Cards Inspired by Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog - Card Sketch "19"

If you've looked at page 22 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog, you might have noticed several card sketches. If you do not have a catalog, you can download a PDF of the catalog here.

page 22 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog May 2024–April 2025
page 22 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog May 2024–April 2025
Note - I numbered the sketches on the screenshot of the catalog above so it would be easier to identify which card sketch inspired the cards I created.

Today I am focusing on sketch "19".

card sketch "19" on page 22 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog 24-25
card sketch "19" on page 22 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog 24-25
To create cards based on this sketch I turned to Cricut Design Space and used the free shapes. I knew cutting on my Cricut Maker would be the only way that I would be able to line up all of the circles on this card. You can access my Cricut Design Space project here.

cards inspired by sketch "19" on page 22 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog 24-25
cards inspired by sketch "19" on page 22 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog 24-25
The blue/green card was created with a blue card panel that was cut on my Cricut Maker. Then I began to wonder what I would do with 12 blue circles. I decided to make a stencil from heavy weight cardstock and use the stencil to align the blue circles. I used a liquid adhesive to place the blue circles though the stencil. I decided to decorate the cards with stars, but I think anchors or gems would also be nice. I also decided that some of the stars should be attached in a whimsical alignment to change the look of the card.

Some other variations on this sketch...You could also add some acetate behind the blue layer, use some Foam Adhesive Strips (141825) and sequins to make a shaker card. I attached the blue circles and White Glitter Paper stars flat to the red panel, but you could pop them up with Stampin’ Dimensionals® (104430) to create some depth.

The sentiments were stamped with a Sapphire Stamp Pad from Close To My Heart using the Sweetly Scripted Cling Stamp Set (163600) from Stampin' Up!. Because the cards were my prototypes–to prove to myself my Design Space file works as I expected–I pulled cardstock from my stash so I do not know brand names or colors. The stars were cut on my Cricut Maker (four sets of stars are in the file, two different shapes, two sets have the same size stars and the other two have 3 different sizes to add some visual interest) from CTMH White Glitter Paper.

I hope my cards inspire you to try this sketch.

Take care in this heat wave.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.