Monday, June 24, 2024

Happy Graduation Congratulations

Graduation season is upon us here in New York State. We received an invitation to a graduation party for the great-great-granddaughter of the woman who watched me while my mother worked when I was not old enough to go to school (and for at least one summer when I was to young to be on my grandparents farm). My goodness, that makes me feel old. Here's the card I created for this special occasion.

graduation card created with Sweetly Scripted
graduation card created with Sweetly Scripted
While the caption says "created with Sweetly Scripted" (Stampin' Up! item number 163600), in addition to the "congratulations" from that set, this card came together with a mix of items from my collection. In addition to the Sweetly Scripted Cling Stamp Set (163600) from Stampin' Up!, I also used The Future Is Bright Stamp + Thin Cuts (Z4706) in the April-June 2023 Close To My Heart Catalog and some unearthed treasures in my craft stash. Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad (132708 is the Stampin' Up! item number) was used for the stamping.

To try to match the school colors better, I used a sheet of green cardstock from my stash. The pearl white cardstock is from Slice (remember that electronic cutting machine from Making Memories?) and was in the Metallic Paper package. I used the pearl white for the cap, tassel and brad (the smallest circle die I own from Tattered Lace Foundation 2 Nested Circles Die Set). Silver foil cardstock was used for the "brad" and tassel (as a shadow to the pearl white) and with a die from Scrapbook.com to cut and emboss the strip of stars.

The class year was created with QuicKutz dies I have had for awhile: the Quickutz 4x8 Dies - Chocolate Alphabet. I cut the apostrophe, two and four in black and green and slightly offset them so the green would have a black shadow. The stars were from set I found on clearance a few years ago: Sizzix Dotted Stars (Sizzix product number 662731). 

I planned to share this card Sunday (the graduation party was Saturday), but the weather did not cooperate and we were without power most of Sunday.

I hope you are inspired to mix some recent additions to your crafting library with some products you have had for a hot minute. Have a great week ahead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.