Sunday, June 16, 2024

Birthday Card with Layers of Beauty

Not too long ago I needed to create a birthday card for my niece. This was a great opportunity to create something with the Layers of Beauty Bundle (163519) which includes the Photopolymer Stamp Set (163514), Dies (163518), and Decorative Masks (163517).

card created with Layers of Beauty
card created with Layers of Beauty
In addition to the Layers of Beauty Bundle, I used the Sweetly Scripted Cling Stamp Set (163600) and one of the 2024-2026 In Colors, Shy Shamrock.

I stamped the image with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Since I do not have many Stampin' Up! Classic Stampin Pads yet, I used the following CTMH Stamp Pads with Blending Brushes and the Decorative Mask: Royal, Flamingo, Honey Butter, and Clover. I also used a Flamingo Shimmer Brush. The Shimmer Brush did "dull" the shading some, but added some nice shimmer. Next time I will opt for a Clear Shimmer Brush (if you try this technique, make sure you allow your blended ink to fully dry, but even that does not guarantee that your blended ink will not "run" a bit).

To give the Shy Shamrock background some interest, I used my score board and, from the back of the cardstock, I scored some straight lines to create a little visual interest and a faux frame.

The elements were adhered to the card front with two different thicknesses of Foam Tape.

It is always nice to hear that the recipient thinks their card is pretty; I love it when I get feedback from the person the card was intended for.

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday and week ahead. Take care.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.