Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Card Sketch "19" in the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog

Yesterday I showed you the first cards I created inspired by this card sketch in the current Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog:

card sketch "19" on page 22 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog 24-25
card sketch "19" on page 22 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog 24-25
While I was creating yesterday's cards I thought "why not squares?" So I played a bit in Cricut Design Space and came up with this:

cards inspired by sketch "19" on page 22 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog 24-25
cards inspired by sketch "19" on page 22 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog 24-25

Again, the blue/green card was created with a blue card panel that was cut on my Cricut Maker. This time I used Stampin’ Dimensionals® (104430) behind the blue squares on the red/blue card (using a stencil cut from heavyweight cardstock to assist with lining up the squares). I used a liquid adhesive add the stars.

Because I always need birthday cards, I used the birthday sentiment from the Sweetly Scripted Cling Stamp Set (163600) and stamped with a Sapphire Stamp Pad from Close To My Heart. I pulled cardstock from my stash so I do not know brand names or colors. The stars are free shapes in Design Space and were cut on my Cricut Maker (four sets of stars are in the file, two different shapes, two sets have the same size stars and the other two have 3 different sizes to add some visual interest) from CTMH White Glitter Paper.

This is the stencil I used to assist with adding the blue drop out circles and square to the red backgrounds. If you cut it from plastic stencil material, it would not want to grab the adhesive on the cardstock piece you are placing and the stencil would probably last forever.

stencil for sketch "19" on page 22 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog 24-25
stencil for sketch "19" on page 22 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog 24-25
If you have a Cricut machine and use Cricut Design Space, only free shapes were used to create the card so you should not encounter a cost when using the project. My Cricut Design Space project is here.

I hope you are inspired to try this sketch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.