Thursday, June 20, 2024

Layers of Beauty Sympathy Card

If you follow my page on Facebook, Brenda's Paper Crafts, you saw this card a few days ago. I created the card when we learned that someone my mother attended school with passed away.

card created with Layers of Beauty
card created with Layers of Beauty
I stamped the floral spray using the Layers of Beauty Photopolymer Stamp Set (163514) onto white cardstock using Intense Black Ink from Close To My Heart (the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad (132708) from Stampin' Up! is another option). The stamped image was then die cut using the Layers of Beauty Dies (163518). I used an old Cricut cutting mat to hold the die cut in place while I stenciled using the Layers of Beauty Decorative Masks (163517) and Honey Butter, Rosy and Jade Stamp Pads from CTMH.

The Layers of Beauty Bundle (163519) includes the Photopolymer Stamp Set (163514), Dies (163518), and Decorative Masks (163517). The bundle is an extra 10% off the bundled price until June 30, 2024.

The card front was covered with the light side of Jade cardstock from CTMH after it was embossed with the Diamond Embossing Folder (Z3020) from CTMH. The floral spray was added to the card front using foam tape. The sentiment and die cut shape it is stamped on are from the Thoughtful Expressions Cling Stamp Set (162815) and Thoughtful Expressions Dies (162821). This was added to the card with a thinner foam tape.

I used some gold foil cardstock found in my stash to cut the layer placed behind the sentiment and to cut five leaves from the Layers of Beauty Dies (163518). The gold leaves are tucked in several places behind the floral spray. I really wish foiled cardstock photographed better.

This was the second card I created with Layers of Beauty. You will find the first card here.

I am very happy with the results. I hope this card brought a little bit of comfort to the family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.