Monday, November 16, 2015

Operation Smile Auction at CTMH Fall Album Retreat

I recently attended the CTMH Fall Album Retreat in Salt Lake City and they were accepting items to auction to raise funds for Operation Smile. The auction was held on Saturday, November 7.


I created two of these boxes with Christmas Gift Tags inside. I did not learn who the two winning bidders were on the boxes with gift tags, but I think I heard that the winning bid was $80. That floored me. I hope the winning bidders like what they received (they could only see the outside of the box).

The box and tag are from the Cricut® Artiste Collection (Z3170). If you use Cricut® Design Space you will find them by searching for #M3CBB9. It is the 3D Object on page 44 of the handbook. When I created the box I set it to 11.05" wide and 10.4" high. To create the tag I cut one layer at 2.45" wide by 2.42" high; hide contour for the tag hole and one layer at 2.26" wide by 2.24" high; hide contour for the tag hole. I punched a hole for the tag after the two pieces are attached; this way I did not have to worry about the holes not lining up.

To decorate the box in Cricut® Design Space I inserted some square shapes; I unlocked the proportions and set the sizes to 3.8" wide and 2.9" high (cut two) and 3.8" wide and 1.6" high (cut two), but these panels could easily be cut by hand.

Before I cut the panels to decorate the box I remembered that the paper I was using is directional; the shapes to decorate the box are rotated so the print on the paper would be in the right direction when I applied to the box. My CDS file is here if you would like use it; please note that the file will cut enough decorative panels (and tag top layer) for three boxes, but only one box and tag base will cut (for those I just inserted mats and cut until I had enough).

I created two each of the following tags to include in each box. I should say for several of the tags I could have make it easier on myself by using a different shape – I might not have needed to slice as much, but I was looking at the shapes on CDS rather than looking through the handbook; CDS does not always group similar images together.


The photo above shows the back and front of the snowflake tag. The base shape is Label
(CDS #M44843) from Artiste. I used the slice feature and the Tag (CDS #M40145) from Cricut® Art Philosophy Collection (Z3171) to create the snowflake cut into the top layer of the tag – I could have make it easier on myself by using Snowflake (CDS #M4313E). Papers used were from the now-retired version of Paper Fundamentals Whimsy, but the currently available version, product number Z3127, would be beautiful as well, and 12" X 12" White Daisy Cardstock (1385). "To" and "Fr" were stamped with Black Memento™ Ink Pad (Z899) and My Acrylix™ Christmas Post stamp set (D1610).


The photo above shows the front of the present tags. The tag base is Tag (CDS #M3AEF6) from Artiste and using the slice feature and Tag (CDS #M471D6) from Art Philosophy I cut the present into the tag. Using the free shapes under Insert Shapes I created a semi circle and square to cut the glitter paper used to back the cut out. The silver and gold papers were from my stash; the pink from CTMH: Pink Glitter Paper (Z1922). The tag fronts are from the retired Snowhaven and Yuletide Carol Paper Packs. I cannot remember positively what I did with the tag back, but I think I cut it from 12" X 12" Glacier Cardstock (X5770) and stamped the "To" and "Fr" with Black Memento™ Ink Pad (Z899) and My Acrylix™ Christmas Post stamp set (D1610).


The base shape is Tag (CDS #M444F7) from Artiste. I used the slice feature and the Tag (CDS #M44E8F) from Art Philosophy to create the holly cut into the top layer of the tag.  I cut the top layer from 12" X 12" Topiary Cardstock (X5635) and the bottom layer from 12" X 12" New England Ivy Cardstock (1282). I added Red Shimmer Trim (Z1848) under the cut out for the holly berries. I stamped the My Acrylix™ Hand-Lettered Christmas stamp (M1127) or This Is Christmas stamp (M1126) using a VersaMark™ Ink Pad (Z891). I then heat embossed with Ranger™ Princess Gold Embossing Powder (Z2066) or Ranger™ Silver Super Fine Embossing Powder (Z2067) and the Craft Heater (Z555).


The tag was based on Label (CDS #M453DE) from Artiste and Tag (CDS #M4220D) from Art Philosophy. The tag was cut from 12" X 12" Glacier Cardstock (X5770) and the retired Snowhaven Paper Pack. "To" and "Fr" were stamped with Black Memento™ Ink Pad (Z899) and My Acrylix™ Christmas Post stamp set (D1610).


The tag base is Tag (CDS #M45080) from Art Philosophy. I used the hide contour and slice feature with Card (CDS #M43D3B) to cut the ornaments from the top layer of the tag. I cut the top layer from 12" X 12" Topiary Cardstock (X5635) and the bottom layer from 12" X 12" White Daisy Cardstock (1385). I lightly penciled in the shape of the ornament to more easily place the Blue (Z3025), White (Z3024), Purple (Z1919) and Pink (Z1986) Shimmer Trim between the tag layers. Again I stamped the My Acrylix™ Hand-Lettered Christmas stamp (M1127) or This Is Christmas stamp (M1126) using a VersaMark™ Ink Pad (Z891). I then heat embossed with Ranger™ Princess Gold Embossing Powder (Z2066) or Ranger™ Silver Super Fine Embossing Powder (Z2067) and the Craft Heater (Z555). I stamped the "To" and "Fr" were stamped with Black Memento™ Ink Pad (Z899) and My Acrylix™ Christmas Post stamp set (D1610) on the back of the tag.

If you would like to create any of the above tags, my CDS file is here.

Finally, I created 10 tags for each box using the My Acrylix™ Christmas Post stamp set (D1610) using a variety of colors to stamp the outline and the "To" and "Fr".


I flipped and fiddled until I could fit 30 tags on one sheet of 12" x 12" cardstock. If you would like to use my Cricut Design Space file, you will find it here.

I hope you like what I created, but more importantly, I hope the winning bidders love the box and tags they were able to take home with them. I would love to hear your feedback on this box and tags.

If you use my CDS links to create all or part of the box and tags please consider sending a donation to Operation Smile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.