The SOTM for August 2015, Framed, is a D-size set of 12 stamps that is $5 with a qualifying purchase. Framed is compatible with the new Cricut® Artistry Collection (Z3167) exclusive to Close To My Heart.
Recommended CTMH My Acrylix® Blocks for this stamp set are: 1" x 3½" (Y1002) and 2" x 3½" (Y1009). The stamps in the Framed set are:
You should have arrived here from ***Melinda Everitt's If You Bling It***. If you get lost along the way, Melinda keeps a complete list of participants on her blog at If You Bling It.
I created this Pathfinding card first. I used the bottom frame and Thanks sentiment. I used the rock and roll technique to ink the "Thanks" stamp on my this card.
My next card was created with the colors of Confetti Wishes in mind. I was inspired by the Lucky Layers™ pattern in the Wishes™ book. Because I wanted vertical stripes I used a craft knife, glass mat and metal-edged ruler and cut along one of the stripes to get a straight edge and then cut the rectangle.
I created my last card with Snowhaven in mind, but since the paper pack is no longer available I looked at Zoe (new August 1) with the same Glacier color and worked from there.
I hope you like the cards I created from the Framed stamp set. If you have a moment, please leave a comment.
Before you visit ***Catherine Nowak's CatScrapbooking***, the supplies I used to create my project are listed below.
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- My Acrylix™ August 2015 SOTM: Framed Stamp Set (S1508)
- 5½" X 4¼" Colonial White Cards & Envelopes, Value Pack (X1410)
- Pathfinding Paper Packet (X7186B) - retiring August 31 or while supplies last
- 12" X 12" White Daisy Cardstock (1385)
- Bronze Shimmer Trim (Z1849)
- Teal Shimmer Trim (Z1918)
- Autumn Terracotta Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2101) - retiring August 31 or while supplies last
- Goldrush Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2123)
- Glacier Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2641)
- Wishes™ (9041) - inspired by the Lucky Layers™ pattern
- 5½" X 4¼" White Cards & Envelopes, Value Pack (X254)
- Confetti Wishes Paper Packet (X7189B)
- 12" X 12" Thistle Cardstock (X5769)
- 12" X 12" Canary Cardstock (X5772)
- Lagoon Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2195)
- Pacifica Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2192)
- Dot Embossing Folder (Z1924)
- My Reflections™ Zoe Paper Packet (X7197B)
- 12" X 12" Cranberry Cardstock (1272)
- Cranberry Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2116)
- Black Shimmer Trim (Z1809)
- 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive (Z3022)
- 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)
- Cricut® Artistry Collection (Z3167) - new today
- Love - #M4165CB - ungroup and delete the decorative layer; set height to 1¼"
- Away We Go - #M416FEE - ungroup and delete the decorative layer; set height to 1¾"
- Fab Hexagon - #M4166B8 - ungroup and delete the decorative layer; set height to 2"
- if you would like to use my Cricut® Design Space file for the stamp set, you will find it here; I also added a "shadow" so I could layer the stamped die cut
- Snowflake Background - #M418A6C - set height to 2½"
- Fab Hexagon - #M4166B8 - ungroup and delete the decorative layer; duplicate the image; set one image to white with a height of 2"; set the other image to Cranberry; unlock the proportions of the Cranberry image and increase the size so it looks nice under the white image; add a 0.2" x 4.25" rectangle; with the Cranberry Fab Hexagon and rectangle selected, align them center horizontally and center vertically then weld them together
- if you would like to use my Cricut® Design Space file for the Zoe Merry Christmas card, you will find it here
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cricut® Design Space, Cricut® Explore, craft knife, glass mat and metal-edged ruler
I love to hear what people think of my crafts, so if you have a moment I would be delighted if you leave a comment. So you do not have to scroll back up, the next stop on the hop is ***Catherine Nowak's CatScrapbooking***. I hope you are enjoying the hop and thanks for visiting today.