Friday, March 14, 2014

Cardmaking with my Cricut Explore

If you visited last Friday you saw a card I created in Design Space and cut with the Cricut Explore for Julie's Blogoversary - Celebrating Friendship Blog Hop. If you missed it, you will find it here.

In Cricut Design Space there are many projects that you can choose to create without starting completely from scratch. Recently we needed to create a birthday card for my niece who was turning 20 last week so we browsed through the options and selected this card.

Elisabeth's Birthday Card 2014

It was originally created to be a Thank You card, but I changed Thank You to Happy Birthday. I used the font from Baby Steps in the writing style. Inside I used stamps from the My Acrylix® Card Chatter-Birthday Stamp Set (D1475). Unfortunately it is retired. I used a Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2105). The paper is from my stash.

Elisabeth's Birthday Card 2014 inside

I created this Bow Tie card exactly as the cuts and scoring were on screen using products from Close To My Heart.

BowTie Card

The first layer of bow ties are from the Lollydoodle Paper Packet (X7183B). The bow tie shadows and card base are cut from Slate (X5930) cardstock. I ran White Daisy (1385) cardstock through a Cuttlebug with the Chevron Embossing Folder (Z1925) and used Liquid Glass (Z679) on the knots in the middle of the bow ties. I used 3D-Foam Tape (Z1151) only in the middle of the bow tie so there would be dimension on the ties.

I hope you enjoyed seeing the cards I created. Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute from the Explore. The first one makes me feel Caribbean and want to leave on a vacation. Does your machine do the writing, too or is that a stamp? Tell me in an e-mail when we talk. I didn't realize it did writing, if it does. You did a great job with the ties. I don't have one of the ctmh embossing folders but that is the one I would want. Turned out so cute. Debbie May

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.