Monday, March 31, 2014

My First Christmas Card of 2014

I am trying something new this month and I am getting this online just in time to participate. I have been under the weather the past few days so I did not get a chance to "throw something together" until last night (and I have to admit it was a challenge to push myself to do this much).

I was inspired by Julie of Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers and her post "A Christmas Card (really!) and lots and lots of WINNERS!!!!" earlier this month so I contacted DigiStamps4Joy to create something for the MONTHLY CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE {MARCH 2014}. Here is my card:

Brenda_digistamps4joy_March2014

I was inspired by the Midpoint™ pattern on page 77 of the CTMH book Wishes™. The two shades of green cardstock are from my stash. The digistamp was printed on Bazzill Basics smooth White cardstock. I used CTMH Exclusive Inks in Holiday Red (retired) and the Blending Pen to color in the digistamp and the Martha Stewart Holidays Ornaments Edge Punch to create the border and used some negatives on the dark green cardstock. The Baker's Twine is from King Arthur Flour. I received it for Christmas 2013. That spool is going to last a LONG time.

I hope you like my fairly clean and simple card.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute. I love the little cut outs at the top right and then having them across the bottom is great. Very cute idea. Debbie May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Brenda your card is just gorgeous and so festive. The twine is a lovely touch. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of April.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.