Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

My town's public library has a bake sale fundraiser on Valentine's Day. Since I am not much of a baker (other than box mixes), I created little gift bags of candy to contribute to the sale. The other great thing about creating the gift bags is I could prepare them a few days prior to the sale (not that they were completely finished until the wee hours of this morning).

VDayBakeSale

To create the gift bags I purchased clear treat bags in the cake decorating section of my local big box craft store. The bags came with the silver metallic twist ties which gave these great pop of bling.

VDayTags

I used scrap cardstock for the tags and the Artiste cartridge with Cricut Craft Room (CCR) to cut the hearts. The hearts are Accent 2 (with and without shift) found on page 51 of the handbook. In CCR I removed one the the cut lines so I only ended up with the outer scallop and the inner heart (saved for a future project). I used Liquid Glass (Z679) to adhere the hearts together after I stamped them with My Acrylix™ Holiday Tags (D1560) and Angel Policy Stamp Set (A1086) using Chocolate (Z2111), Cotton Candy (Z2193) and Ruby (Z2170) Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pads. I used the Piercing Tool Kit (Z1114) to create the holes to thread the twist tie through. I first pierced the hole then I used the tip of the tool to "slit" the top and bottom of the hole until the twist tie would fit though. I created the loops on the twist ties by wrapping them around the handle of a crochet hook.

There are three CTMH Cricut® Collections: Art Philosophy, Artist and Artbooking. If you would like to learn more about the collections, you will find a summary at CTMH Cricut® Collections (in the green bar above).

Contact me if you would like to learn how you would be able to purchase your choice of the CTMH Cricut® Collections at 1/2 off by hosting a Gathering either in-home or on-line.


Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I would love to know what you think of my bake sale item. Thanks for visiting today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.