Monday, February 17, 2014

Trying to Fall in Love with my E2 Again

I had some problems with Cricut® Craft Room and my Expression 2 communicating with each other. To make sure the machine is working properly (and to try to justify to myself ordering the new Cricut® Explore™) I am trying to use both tools more frequently.

Here are two cards I created with no specific purpose in mind. I used digital-art in CCR that I purchased with a gift card I received: Father's Day Card - Argyle and Father's Day Card - Plaid. Since this was the first time I used these images, I used cardstock I had lying around (I try to use inexpensive "bulk" cardstock for my first attempt cutting an image so I am not disappointed if the project does not work out).

CCRFathersDayArgyle

You probably can see that I did not have the paper firmly attached to the cutting mat and it got a little wrinkled on the above card; from shifting on the map it also had a small cut on the back that did not belong there. I completed (at least partially) the card anyway. I might come up with more ideas for disguising the "problems".

On the card I also used the retired Cotton Candy polka-dot washi tape and the My Acrylix® Cloud Nine Stamp Set (D1596); the also retired Cloud Nine stamp set was part of the Cloud Nine National Papercrafting Month Promotion in January 2014. The heart die cut is from the Cricut® Artiste cartridge - all images from the Cloud Nine stamp set coordinate with an image on the Artiste.

CCRFathersDayPlaid

This is the second card I recently cut. I have not decided how I am going to finish this card, who I will give it to or for what occasion. Maybe it will become a Mother's Day card and I will find a flower stamp to color and fussy cut and attach to the front. If you have any additional ideas, I would love to hear them.

By the way, I'd like to remind you that CCR lists the cards as "Father's Day Cards", but as you can see they can be used for any occasion. Thank you for making my blog one of those you read today.

2 comments:

  1. Great card, Brenda! I need to use my Cricut more too! I still need to get my office cleaned out so that I can set up my craft room and actually have a place to leave my tools out so that I use them. Hope you aren't buried in all of the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Lucy on the 'clean my craft room' theme! I love your new cards. I see the wonky parts on the top on but since you didn't use your superior CTMH paper, no harm done. The design is great and with heavier paper, you have a winner. I LOVE the second one!! You will have to teach me how to do that. (just kidding, I wouldn't put you through that!) Keep up the great work. I'm jealous of your time and talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.